~CHAPTER THREE~

!!MENTIONS OF EAT!NG D!SORDERS LATER IN THE CHAPTER I WILL PUT A TW BEFORE IT IS MENTIONED!!

~if you struggle with any form of ED know you are not alone. skip this chapter if you need to, i will sum up what was mentioned in the authors note at the bottom if you don't feel comfortable reading. i love you all~

   Arlo, Eli, Miguel, and Demetri all sat together at lunch. They had been doing that since the first day of school a couple months ago. Arlo and Demetri were arguing about what to wear to the Halloween dance. Eli and Miguel were watching the two go back and forth for awhile before a school counselor grabbed a microphone and began speaking to all the students.

   "Cyberbullying is no laughing matter." Sending cruel messages online, can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Counselor Blatt spoke. Barely anyone was paying attention, most of the students just continued talking while others were scrolling on their phones. She continued either way. "I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying. After some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." 

   Arlo's stomach dropped. A few days before she had gone to Eli's house after school. While she was in the bathroom she heard Eli and his mom arguing. 

---

   "Do you realize what you've done?" Arlo heard Eli ask his mom, she was listening through the bathroom door. 

   Mrs. Moskowitz told Eli about how the school needed to know bullying wasn't okay. Arlo bit her lip, Mrs. Moskowitz was sweet but she obviously didn't know how cruel kids were.

   "Don't you get it? Their never gonna stop making fun of me, because I'm a loser." Arlo could hear the sadness in the boys voice.

   "That's not true." Mrs. Moskowitz replied. Arlo could tell she was trying her best to help Eli, she really didn't get it.

   Eli slammed his fists on the table causing Arlo to flinch, she was still stood in the bathroom. "Wake up, Mom! I'm a freak! I'm never gonna have any other friends besides Demetri and Arlo. I'm never gonna get a girlfriend. I'm never gonna be anything other than a kid with a weird lip!" Eli shouted before walking to his room shutting the door loudly. 

   Arlo wished Eli could see he was so much more than the scar on his lip. She knew nothing she said would change how he felt, or how the world felt about him, all she could do was comfort him. The girl went to his room and talked to him for a little bit before the two fell asleep. Eli laying on Arlo's chest with his arms wrapped around her.

---

   Arlo looked around the cafeteria, everyone was staring at their table whispering, pointing, laughing. While the counselor talked about how the goal was to make the school a 'safe space' Arlo rolled her eyes while grabbing Eli's hand under the table.