~CHAPTER SEVENTEEN~

   The Canyon was full of people drinking and talking. Arlo was standing beside Hawk and a few other people, in front of a small fire. A car door slammed shut and Arlo could hear people arguing. She looked up towards the noise and saw Kyler, Brucks, Moon and Yasmine. Arlo held back a laugh as she saw the look of disgust on the blonde girl's face. Kyler stared at someone near her and then started walking back towards his jeep. Arlo turned her head to the side and saw Miguel staring at him.

   Arlo smiled to herself and looked back over to Hawk who was smiling up at someone. She turned and looked back up the hill and saw Moon smiling as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Arlo bit the inside of her cheek, frustrated that the girl who had bullied her throughout school was now walking down the hill towards the boy she was stood next to.

   Arlo turned around and walked away from the fire and towards Miguel. She turned her head back and saw Moon standing in the spot she had just been in, staring at Hawk with a wide smile. Arlo joined Miguel as soon as Aisha asked him if he had heard anything from Sam. 

   "Nope." Miguel shook his head and shoved his phone into his pocket.

   Aisha gave a small smile. "Maybe her phone died."

   "Whatever." Miguel sighed. "Let's get the party started without her."

   "That's what I'm talking about, Diaz!" Arlo shouted causing a few people to turn and look at her. "What?" She shouted as she threw her hands up, everyone turned around and continued their conversations.

   Miguel laughed softly as he bent down to open the cooler and grabbed himself a beer. He was about to shut the cooler lid, but a hand stuck out stopping him from closing it. Miguel looked up his eyebrows furrowed at Arlo who had now successfully grabbed a beer.

   "What?" She shook her head as she watched the boy's face as he stood. "It's a party right?"

   "It is." Miguel laughed before twisting his beer bottle open.

   Arlo twisted her bottle open as well, he and Miguel looked at each other and nodded. They both leaned their heads back and took a drink. Almost in sync they both leaned their head forward and started gagging at the taste, causing Aisha to laugh at the two.

   "Oh my god." Arlo shook her head. "That was disgusting."

   The feeling of disgust went away as she chugged her entire bottle of beer in a few seconds. When she finished the bottle, she wiped her mouth with her jacket sleeve and looked at Miguel who was following her lead. Miguel wiped his mouth and looked down at Arlo, the two nodded at each other, before they both reached for another bottle.