Chapter : 7

Easiest Route.

"What phobia?!" Ritwik stands up from the couch in the guest bedroom and walks towards Leo. Placing the breakfast on the table beside the window Leo straightens his body and looks at Ritwik. The day light falls on the floor brightening the entire room.

"Haphephobia sir, your brother has been diagnosed with Haphephobia some two years back. If he gets touched by someone without prior knowledge he hyperventilates, the pain he feels has made him lose his consciousness many a times." He explains.

"Impossible! Is this a joke because I know my brother and he never had a phobia. He is the most optimistic living being on this earth." Ritwik adds furrowing his eyebrows.

"My apologies sir but what you're saying is something I can't even fathom to relate with Vulcan. Because when it comes to touching, the Vulcan I know, stays far, far away even from his close ones, let alone strangers. He goes through the past traumatizing incidents almost every night. Sleep has become the most challenging part of his life." Leo says looking at Ritwik curiously.

"Traumatizing incidents? What traumatizing incidents are you talking about?" Ritwik asks.

"I have no idea sir but if what you're saying is true then there is something, there has to be something that made him this way." With that Leo bows his head and leaves the guest room.

Ritwik stands there, looking outside with deep thoughts.

¤¤¤¤¤
"When did he leave?" Leo asks.

"I didn't see him leaving either, I was inside the washroom." Purnit replies.

"Shit!" Lowering his head Leo clenches his eyes.

"What? Is there a problem?" Purnit asks, worriedly.

"He left his breakfast untouched, along with his medicines." Leo falls on the couch running his hand over his face.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Stop looking at me like this Brinda. It's getting late. Hand me the bags and go get ready. I'll bring the bags upstairs." Pihu says getting out of her car.

"But there are so many bags and they are quite heavy, didi." Brinda tries to convince.

"And.." Pihu asks raising her brows, to which Brinda hangs her head down.
"Is it my first day at college? No. It's yours. So who needs to get ready and leave early?" She asks while getting out of the car.
"And also, don't you underestimate my power. I might look like this but I can move an elephant." She adds, laughing at her own joke.

"Yes didi." Brinda says smilingly.

"Right. Now hurry up. I'll drop you off today." Pihu utters while locking the car door and bringing out the vegetables and grocery bags from the back . Brinda immediately runs inside the flat.

There are some six huge bags. So it's practically impossible for her to carry them all together, so she takes two of those and drags them all the way towards the three small stairs and then she turns to the righthand side hallway for the elevator. She places those infront of the elevator door and stands to take a breath, when she hears a prolonged honking of a car. Ignoring that she immediately attempts to run towards her car to bring the other bags but her movement stops when she finds the bags already placed over the hallway that leads to the elevator. Nevertheless, she walks out and finds the security guard pacing around the front gate of her compound.

"Thank you so much Bhanu." She says, feeling grateful for how she thinks the man helped her with the bags.

"What for ma'am?" The man smiles and asks.