Chapter: 26

The God of Fire.

The rain drops are still lingering on the fresh leaves. The first rain of the year has arrived. Bangalore continues to have a pleasant atmosphere throughout the year but Pihu loves the rainy seasons, mostly because it freshens up the nature and rejuvenates it. She has grown up amongst everything that's natural. Trees, birds, fresh air, flowers and endless fog have been her longest companions ever since she was born. She was surrounded by them and probably that's why she misses her hometown more than anything else.

She looks down at her phone. It has been a week since she last saw him. She waited the first two days for any communication from his end. Nothing happened. She thought about leaving a text message but then she stopped herself. This is not her. She never hoped for anything, she never saw any possibilities with Vulcan, because he was too occupied with Teressa. He never looked at her way even once. As much as it pained her, his dedication, his loyalty, made her proud. So she accepted it as it is with a smile on her face. She went on with the flow. She focused on building her career. She focused on the kids. She even thought about giving Dashis a chance and move on with her life, if that's what makes her parents happy.

But the very moment her eyes fell on those deep grey ones, she felt the shift. She has practiced being in control for as long as she remembers, atleast she was able to keep that facade on but now she can sense it breaking down slowly. Ever since she met him after so many years and spent so much time with him, something has changed. There is this weird need she feels, a need to be around him, to check if he is okay, if he is safe. She takes a deep breath and sips on her coffee as she closes the laptop.

She has started going office on the second day of her arrival. Fortunately she didn't have to face Dashis due to his business trip to Japan. She feels too puzzled to meet anyone right now. All she wants is to see the kids back at the centers. Running around freely, smiling, studying growing differently than their parents, becoming better human beings. But the road seems not so smooth after all. The centers are destroyed. She can't even go to the slum looking for the kids because there is truly no place to accommodate so many kids together and teach them. According to Brinda and Vivek their parents were hesitant about sending the kids after the incident. They were already scared before, the incidents only added to that and it's understandable.

She knows who is behind all these, some person called 'Master'. She has overheard the goons that stopped her the other day talking to someone about following what this 'Master' has ordered. She has tried to find out about this person's identity but got nothing until the last day she visited the police station with Leo. She clearly remembers how the Police officer's face visibly paled at the mention of that name. And she did that purposefully. She needs to find out who this 'Master' is, because she can't let this go on for long. Leo and Purnit keep visiting them every evening claiming that they have a long project going on and will be staying in Bangalore for a few days. She is grateful that they decided to help her with the situation but she also feels burdened. What if anything happens to any of them while helping her. They were already attacked once. Brinda and Vivek was hurt as well. She has to find out something, a route that will solve the problems without risking anyone's safety.

"Why are you awake? It's only 6AM in the morning didi. Could you not sleep again?" Brinda joins her and sits on the chair next to hers. She looks at her and smiles.

"I slept well." She says ruffling her hair a little. Brinda is obviously not a kid anymore, she is growing into very beautiful lady everyday but to her she is just like that, the small kid she once took as her own.

"I will go out in search of a better place with Vivek today. What location do you suggest?" She asks.

"No. Don't go. I think I am taking Leo's suggestion. I'll try to talk to the landlord once. If he allows us to use the terrace, well and good, if we don't get that then we'll think about other possibilities, okay?" She offers to which Brinda looks at her worriedly.