Chapter : 16

Save Him.

The coffee mug is half filled. The smoke slowly coils upwards meetings with the clouds that cover the entire open balcony. The small wooden table is placed right beside the railing. Pihu had to wrap her light green shawl around her light blue hoodie. It's way too cold here. She couldn't sleep a bit. When she opened the door to the balcony it was totally dark outside except for the downhills, the crowd of tiny lights were awake with her, making it look like a starlit sky on the ground. She sat there and kept looking at the lights for hours, she saw the sun slowly waking up. Then she finally went down and made herself a big cup of coffee and came back upstairs.

Brinda is going to leave for Bangalore today. Her stay cannot be extended anymore. So she requested Joseph to drop her to the airport and help her board the flight. Her friend will receive her from Bangalore. She also needs to be back because some problems has arised regarding the study centers during her absence. Brinda is the only one who knows to understand and evaluate a situation and explain it as it is to her.

Yes, the sudden change of situations are bothering her but what kept her awake is the incident from yesterday. Her brain stops working whenever she starts to find out what's actually going on.

Manik loved Teressa, he probably even spoke about her the other day behind the closed doors but the same Manik went paranoid the very moment she touched him? Although she meant no harm and no one should know it better than Manik himself. Why would he dislike her touch, even if he doesn't love her anymore? She has been his best friend for the longest of time.

But then again he listened to her although he has never been that close to her. There is something in his eyes, something she is failing to point out, but it is there.

She felt weird, pained even, when she was leaving and he kept looking at the ground, both hands fisted beside him. He was calm some minutes before but when she finally made it to the door and turned around to have a last look at him, he looked enraged.

Did she trigger something?

Her chain of thoughts break when Brinda calls from outside.

"Didi?"

"Come in Brinda." She answers. The door opens and a very upset looking Brinda enters. Pihu immediately stands up and walks towards her.

"Don't be upset sweetheart, I'll be back in a few days, if not early, you know. I need you there. The students must be facing some problems. Some of the teachers were threatened yesterday. I don't know what's the matter but go there meet them and find out what happened. You have to brief me as urgently as possible. I need to deal with some works here. When I am done, I'll be right back, okay?" Pihu asks.

"Yes didi. By the way, Mr. Sharma called your father this morning. He is also leaving today. He'll come to see you before leaving." Brinda says.

"Why calling Papa? He could've called me instead. I don't understand this guy." Pihu shakes her head.

Coincidentally, her cell phone starts vibrating that very moment. She picks it up from the bedside table and an unknown number flashes across her phone screen. She hesitates for a few seconds but gives up eventually.

"Hello?" She utters.

"Pihu?" A heavy voice utters from the other end.

"Yes, who is this?" She asks again.

"This is Ritwik here. Can you come down to our place? We need your help. It's urgent." Ritwik utters and immediately her heart starts beating faster.

"Is everything okay? I would be there but it'll take some.." Pihu's words get interrupted.