Chapter : 14

The Monster Finds The Nymph.

Nothing lasts forever. Be it time or innocence. For Vulcan the best time of his life went away within a blink along with his innocence. What it left behind was the lifeless structure, the pain, the agony, the unwanted rage. As days passed by he became a soulless, emotionless, monster. What else were the options? What is the purpose of keeping the useless emotions bottled up inside you when there is no one to reciprocate, there is no one to share the emotions with? He was okay being alone, he was okay dealing with the nightmares, they became a part of him, they kept him company when no one else did. The world around us is selfish, if one remains vulnerable he/she'll be trampled underfoot like vermin. You have to be evil enough to seize what you want, what belongs to you. Even if that makes you the monster, be that,  there is no shame in it.

But even the monster has a heart buried somewhere deep within and once in a blue moon a mysterious black eyed, olive skinned, straight long haired nymph would mistakenly trespass into it. It slithers into its soul without making the slightest noise and very slowly starts breaking down the wall the monster once built so carefully. The thin streak of light starts entering through the tiny holes made by it. The heartless monster gets the taste of light once again, his cold heart feels the warmth of it and he becomes addicted. Now the nymph that trespassed into its heart mistakenly, gets stuck inside it, because once a monster lets you in there is no way out for you, you have to remain caged inside it for eternity.

And Vulcan has found his nymp.

Oblivious to the intense stare Pihu steps inside the Nagpati Mansion and immediately gets pulled into a known embrace. Teressa, she missed her. It has been so many days without spending time with her. If she gets honest to herself , after a few months when she realized Manik isn't going to come back any sooner, she nearly escaped and busied herself with her office, her social works, her kids. She did talk to everyone over phone but that too wasn't very frequent. She was busy combating with her inner turmoil. But now that she looks at Teressa, every old memory comes rushing back to her. But as usual she takes a deep breath to control the increasing emotion and that's it.

"Why didn't you wake me up that day?" Teressa complains.

"I apologize, looking at your peaceful face I couldn't. But I should've called you. That truly is my fault. You can punish me for that." Pihu says sincerely.

"Yes, you deserve to be punished. However we'll deal with that later on. First tell me who is this pretty lady with you?" Teressa asks and walks towards Brinda.

"Oh my God, you must be Brinda." She adds smilingly.

"And you must be Teressa ma'am." Brinda responds.

"Jeez, not 'ma'am', you're like a sister to me, practice calling me didi." Teressa says patting her head. She then turns to her left as her eyes fall on the tall man standing right beside Brinda.

"And you are...." Teressa begins.

"He is my boss." Pihu utters immediately disappointing Dashis.

"Yes, a boss turned acquitance who certainly wants to become something more than that." Dashis defeatedly explains with his lips pursed, to which both Teressa and Brinda chuckles. Even Pihu's lips tug upwards as she shakes her head. Teressa turns towards her once again.

"Oh, there is a good news.." Teressa begins but her words gets muffled somewhere behind when Pihu turns around and her black eyes fall on the once familiar grey pair of eyes.

The eyes look straight back at her. Although recognizable, there is something totally different about the stare. Her eyes immediately tries to search for it and that's when her eyes fall on the entire man standing at the middle of the stairs. This man looks like Manik, but there is something extremely wrong and unrecognizable about him. His dark short hair has turned into a shoulder length wavy mess, his nose is crooked at the middle of the bridge, he has stubble covering most of his face, his pitch black hoodie fails to cover the tail of the tattoos peaking out from the right part of his neck. His built has changed, he looks more like a man who can readily go for an MMA championship anytime. All of these make him look different, but his eyes, his nearly lifeless, emotionless eyes make him a totally dissimilar person. He looks gloomy, dark, cold.