Chapter : 8

And The Hell Broke Loose.

It became a regular occurrence for everyone in the house. They would wake up, wait for Vulcan to join them at the breakfast table and eventually conclude that he isn't in his room, again. Vulcan who remained wide awake every night, slept like a child every afternoon. Weirdly enough, he had no dreams, no nightmares for the entire two weeks. What surprised him more was how staying awake and waiting for Pihu became the most comfortable part of his daily life. A part that somewhat recharged him for the entire day ahead. His photoshoots started getting insanely well , more brighter in comparison to his other works. His behavior towards everyone suddenly improved, his appetite came back and most surprisingly for Leo, he was having a good long slumber, be it in the afternoon or night. Something was changing, Vulcan was changing. Leo and Purnit seemed happy but Ritwik remained conflicted.

"Something isn't right." He kept saying. But the others found nothing wrong. They were happy seeing Vulcan healthier than before.

Vulcan would wait outside the same flat every night, wait for her to come out and eventually start following her car. He kept tracking her every move, kept tracking everyone she talked to. Found out how she works for "Confianza Limited" as the Chief HR Manager. She also runs some free educational study centers around the town for the underprivileged kids in collaboration with some of her friends and colleagues. There was something happening inside him, a change, a change of perspective, more accurately a change of personality that he had no idea of. Something he tried to avoid, something that already started happening without his knowledge.

The initiation of the inevitable has begun. The obsessive personality he tried so hard to keep buried, was slowly raising its head, spreading its tendrils and he didn't even realize it.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Didi.. come outside and see who is here?" Brinda calls out happily. Pihu immediately comes out of the kitchen and stops at her track the very moment she sees the people standing at her door. She looks surprised but happy at the same time because standing infront of her door is her parents. She was just about to get closer when the smile from her face drops and in comes her boss, Mr. Dashis Sharma.

"What? Not happy to see me here?" Dashis asks with a smile on his handsome face, his brown eyes gleaming with mischief. Pihu immediately composes herself and her face breaks into a forceful smile.

"To be honest, I am not good with unannounced guests but I am happy to see all of you here. Please have seat, sir." She urges and Dashis laughs.

"I know I am your boss, you don't have to remind me. Please call be by my name, atleast outside office." Dashis urges taking his seat on one of the couches.

"Yes, you should. He is such a gentleman." Pihu's mother utters, getting inside and walking towards the washroom.

"Yeah. Why not. But you didn't inform me that you'll be coming, papa? I could've arranged everything earlier." Pihu says walking towards the couches as Brinda gets inside the kitchen.

"We didn't know. Dashis called me some two days ago, said he has everything arranged, he just wants to surprise you. Your mother and I agreed. He sent his men to bring us here, there was no hustle at all." The aged man with a protruding belly says proudly. Pihu looks at him feeling extremely astonished.

"And you just agreed? What if it was a trap? What if this wasn't him? What if.." She gets interrupted by her father.

"Why won't I know? Don't forget I, Dibakar Bhattacharya, am your father, not some fool. This gentleman here, is the only person who kept in touch with us for the last three years, whenever you kept busy. I know him quite well. Even Bratati does." Dibakar explains throwing another wave of shock towards her, but this time she wasn't only shocked but angry. She immediately snaps her head towards Dashis.