Chapter : 10

The Land of White Orchids.

It takes only five hours for the entire climate to change around them

It takes only five hours for the entire climate to change around them. The rainy atmosphere of Bangalore turns into one of those comfortable cold ones. The buildings, multi national companies, the busy streets are no where to be found. All that is visible are trees, endless, brave, fearless pines, oaks and what not. The more the car climbs up, the more clouds start surrounding them. The known roads welcome him, the known trees, the knows faces and the known environment engulfs him with their all too familiar fragrance. Three and a half years, three and a half long years have passed. He forgot how he used to feel, how he used to see the world anymore. He forgot to enjoy life the way 'Manik' used to. He isn't the same man anymore, he is Vulcan now and Vulcan feels nothing except pain. Yet, yet his heart flutters, yet he feels something, he feels....home.

But then the inevitable begins

But then the inevitable begins. The more their car moves the more he comes closer to that alleyway, the one he took before leaving, the one road that changed the definition of his life, the one road that cursed him forever. His heartbeat increases, goosebumps spring all over his body. Ritwik, who is driving the car, remains focused on the road. A tired Purnit sleeps with his mouth slightly parted and his head resting on Leo's shoulder. The only attentive member however doesn't fail to notice the sudden change in Vulcan's body language. The very moment he tightly grips the side of the seat Leo's head snaps towards him. Habitually, he stays still and observes his boss. He sees as the man looks at the right side of the road, towards a particular alleyway. His chest heaves up and down erratically, his entire body stiffens, but then he sees something else. He sees him fighting with himself, he sees his jaw clenching and forcefully turning his head towards the window of the passenger's seat that overlooks the other side. Yes he takes heavy breaths, his grip tightens further more, but he never looks back towards that road.

The car crosses that alleyway but Vulcan remains still, as if turning his head will cause him the biggest harm. Leaving behind a lot of bakeries, gift shops, food stalls, homestays and what not, they keep moving ahead. Kurseong is undoubtably one of the finest tourists places of West Bengal. Leo has done some research while they were climbing up and the informations didn't disappoint him. The mountains, tree, clouds and the local people.... yes, the place is indeed breathtaking.