It's My Job

Its been 3 years since The Bellas have won the Worlds. Cynthia-Rose actually got hitched, Fat Amy is engaged to Bumper, and all of them still live in Georgia. Jesse moved to Los Angeles in the middle of senior year, but came back when he was offered a scoring job in Atlanta. Not only did it offer more money, but he got to see his girl everyday. Chloe became the coach for the Barden Bellas when the team got big, thanks to worlds. And Beca worked as a paid intern at Residual Heat for, believe it or not, 2 years before becoming the head music producer when her boss was called to New York.

Beca and Jesse were in a recording studio, Jesse working hard on a new score and Beca admiring his focus, something she was still working on after 4 years with Residual, especially when it came to crappy songs. 

"Bec, come listen to this." Jesse said, as Beca climbed in his lap. He pressed play and music filled the air, rock with just a hint of pop. She liked it, it was good, and she was proud of her boyfriend of 6 years.

"Wow, Jess, that was amazing. Lets go get some lunch to celebrate." In .5 seconds his face went from smiling to looking down at all the buttons and switches on the board. 

"I cant. I need to finish this." He said in a low voice. 

"No, you want to, not need to. Why cant you hang out with your girlfriend for like 30 minutes?" Beca said slightly annoyed, as this was the fourth time he has blown her off this week for this stupid score. 

"No, i need- you dont even understand, Bec. I have to do it." His face started getting red as Beca climbed off of his lap and grabbed her purse. Both of them were starting to get loud. 

"I dont get it? I could have had a whole album done but im here trying to win your attention away from a song!" Just then Beca's phone rang, it was Chloe, thank god, asking if she would like to go to lunch, which she happily said yes to. "And at a perfect time my best friend wants to go to lunch. See ya later, Jesse." 

She was heading for the door when Jesse asked, "So you're leaving, just like that?", without even getting up from his chair. 

Beca said a simple "Yep" before leaving the studio and meeting Chloe at Burger King.

----

The two girls were laughing and honestly having a good time in a semi crowded Burger King just outside of Atlanta. "Its Rebeca. No one names there kid Beca. I just really hate Rebeca." The two joked as they ate their fries. 

There was a small silence before Chloe said "So how are you and Jesse?" 

Beca did everything she could, take a bite of her sandwich, take a drink, anything to pass the time between question and answer. "Okay, i guess. He's scoring this supposed-to-be big blockbuster and barely leaves the studio. Going early, leaving late, the whole sha-bang." 

Chloe swallowed the last of her drink and asked "You dont think, he's, y'know, cheating?"

Beca almost spit her Coke at what seemed like a joke. "Chlo, no. He's obsessed with that studio. Practically lives there." There was another silence before the two girls finally left the fast food place. 

"You wanna come by my house? We can watch a movie or something." Chloe asked and Beca took no time at all to answer, a yes of course.

When they finally made there way to the red-head's house, Beca threw her purse on the floor and flopped on the couch, screaming "I just want someone to pay attention to me!" with her hands over her face. With that, she didnt notice her friend perk up and make her way to the 5'2" brunette laying on the couch. 

"Its okay Bec, it'll all get better. Maybe you need some space from him?" Chloe asked with slight excitement in her voice. 

Beca sat up, seriously considering the question, while Chloe started to rub her back slightly. "Yeah? But where would i go? I could go to dads-" 

Chloe stopped her in her tracks, with a smile on her face, saying "You can come here. I have a spare room, and theres plenty of space. Not to mention all the food you can eat." 

Beca laughed at her friends enthusiasm, standing up from the couch. "I'll think about it. I'm going to try to talk to Jesse one more time. Call you later?" 

Chloe's face went from smiling to frowning at those words, simply letting out a "mhm" as Beca left, leaving both girls with confusion about their feelings.