Sick Days

"My lover's got humor. Shes the giggle at a funeral. Who's everybody's disapproval, shoulda worshipped her sooner." Beca sang along to Take Me to the Church, which turned into humming when she began to make pancakes. Since Chloe wasn't in bed or in the kitchen when she got up, she decided to be the one to fix the food. But when she walked down the stares, Beca knew why she wasn't in the kitchen.

The redhead was extremely pale, and it looked like she had been up the whole night. Beca turned off the stove and walked over to her. "Hey babe, how are you feeling?" She attempted to put her hand on the slightly taller woman's head, which earned her a scowl and a small slap of the hand. "Im fine. I'm just a little hot." She choked out. She took a big swallow, indicating her throat was sore too. Beca laughed at her girlfriend, who was barely keeping her balance. "Chlo, you're sick. Go to bed and I'll bring you some water and medicine." She walked over to the stove taking the semi-cold pancakes off the griddle, while Chloe sat across from her on a stool. "I'm not sick, Bec. You have no idea what you're talking about." Beca held up a pancake, "Eat this." "What?" "Eat this pancake to show me you're not sick." Beca smirked as Chloe took the pancake. But one wiff through her stuff nose and she was heading towards the bathroom.

Chloe was leaning over the toilet bowl, throwing up everything in her. Beca held back her hair, finally feeling what Chloe had been for 3 months during her morning sickness. After she was done, she plopped herself on the floor, leaning her back against the cold tub. Beca squatted down as best as she could, wiping down her face with a wet wash cloth, then handing her a toothbrush. "Do you believe me now?"

--

"If I'm a pagan of the good times, my lover's the sunlight. To keep the goddess on my side, she demands a sacrifice." Beca sang once more as she was folding towels. After throwing up a second time, Chloe finally took some medicine and passed out on the couch. If it wasn't for the chores, she would've sat right there and watched her, because Chloe's soft sleep whispers were her favorite.

"Bellas." Beca perked up, hearing the word coming from the sick girl. "Call...Bellas." She was still asleep, but even then she worried about those girls. "Babe, I did. You told me to cancel the practice an hour ago." Chloe mumbled something in audible, making Beca laugh. After folding the last towel, she grabbed the thermometer and turned it on. She traced it across her forehead, the sick one barely stirring. "101.8" Beca mumbled, knowing that if it gets an higher, they would have to be going to Chloe's least favorite place.

She stuck a ice cold water bottle on her girlfriend's cheek, instantly waking her. "You need to drink water. Your temp is close to 102, and rising." Chloe kicked off her blankets in a heated daze and took the water bottle, chugging half of it in a second. "You need to stay hydrated, babe." Beca said in a concerned voice. Chloe responded by saying "Yeah, yeah, yeah" and spreading herself across the couch again.

--

In an hour, Beca knew that her body temperature wasn't going to go down by itself. It was 102.6, and nothing was keeping it down. Chloe did everything she was told, to drink water, sleep, take medicine, but none of it helped. By noon, the girls were rushing to the hospital, Beca not caring one bit if she got sick. "But I dont wanna go." Chloe wined like a small child from the back seat, face leaned on the cool leather. "I know, but you have to." She turned on the air conditioner, despite being quite chilly outside. She quickly parked the car, helping Chloe out. Keeping her balance with an arm wrapped tightly around her waist and holding one of her hands, they walked inside the building. It would've taken 10 minutes to get inside if Chloe wasn't sick, but right now, she was too weak to fight back.

Almost instantly, Chloe was taken back to a room when she told the desk nurse the fever was almost 103. She was given medicine, and tried relaxing in bed when the doctor came in. "We're still running some tests, but I'd like to speak with your partner." Chloe, who was still in a dream state, motioned to the door saying "Don't have too much fun."