Mommy

"Chloe, babe, wake up." The two girls had fallen asleep on the couch in the middle of a movie marathon, something they wanted to do before the baby got here. "Chloe, I need  you to wake up." Chloe was out cold on Beca's shoulder. Every time Beca woke up in the middle of the night, which was a lot these day, Chloe was awake next to her, and fell asleep after her just to make sure everything was okay. Thus, the older woman was always tired.

"What, Beca?" The redhead said groggily. She slowly lifted her head from the brunette's shoulder and wiped her eyes. Upon looking at her girlfriend, she knew something was wrong and was immediatly on alert. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. Except I'm in labor and I need a ride to the hospital." Beca gave a devilish smile, despite the pain she had been feeling for the past ten minutes. Chloe stared at her momentarily before kissing her and saying "I'll get the bags, you get Jesse."

----

Jesse rushed in the doors of the waiting room like something was chasing him. He spotted the back of Beca's head and speed walked to her. "Becs, is everything fine? Is he here yet?"

"Everything is fine and your kid is still in me." Beca motioned to her bulging belly. "The nurse said we'd have to wait a few minutes, so grab a chair and pop a squat." It was around 2:30 in the morning and they were the only ones in the waiting room. In the car ride to the hospital, she had two contractions and her water broke in the parking lot. She admitted that she was in more pain then she cared to be in, but she also admitted that she was scared out of her mind. She knew that her and her baby were healthy, but she worried about the being a mom part. Sure, she had Chloe to help her out, but Beca was the mom, not her girlfriend.

"Beca Mitchell?" The nurse called out, pushing a wheelchair in front of her. The mom-to-be sat in it, Chloe held her hand, and Jesse walked behind. Before they started their journey, the nurse whispered "Ready to be a mom?" in Beca's ear. In reply, she nervously laughed and nodded her head before being wheeled up to the Labor and Delivery Unit.

----

"You are about 5 centimeters, half way to go!" The doctor exclaimed after he finally checked on Beca. It had been a solid 2 hours between the time they got to the room and the time the doctor, Dr. Morgan, introduced himself. He had a reasonable excuse, but Beca was so pissed when he arrived that she didn't even remember it.

"Where's Dr. Wagner?" Beca said through gritted teeth. She preferred her normal doctor over one who was late and claimed to care for his patients.

"I am the doctor on call. I'm sure she'll be here in the morning, though." He gave Beca a phony smile before snapping his gloves off and leaving the room.

 "If I wasn't in labor, I would totally kick his ass." Beca said as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, not sure if she wanted to walk or sit on the giant ball.

"I'm sure you would, babe." Chloe agreed, simultaneously rubbing her girlfriend's back and yawning.

The brunette watched her yawn and stood up. "Chlo, you need a nap. Jesse and I can go for a walk while you do that."

"Babe, I'm fine."

Beca pointed to the couch, giving a stern look. Not wanting to argue with a small woman in pain, Chloe sat on the couch. A blanket and pillow was tossed her way. "We won't be gone that long, but long enough to where you're not yawning every 2 seconds."

Chloe laid down as the parents-to-be left the room

----

"So, where's your girlfriend?" Beca asked as she pushed the pole that hung her IV fluids.