What Now

"Beca, come watch this!" Chloe yelled while watching the news. There was something going on with the Congress and Beca hadn't had a chance to watch while making breakfast. As Beca made her was to the couch, Chloe turned up the volume. A bunch of gay pride flags were shown then some guy named Anthony Kennedy said "Same-sex couples may exercise the fundamental right to marry." Chloe was giddy, she had been waiting for this day for years. Although she never had plans to get married, she was happy that she could now. She started jumping on the couch and Beca just sat there, smiling at the tv. Even though she hasnt officially come out, she was also happy that she could get married, if she so choose. "Wait, does that mean-" Beca started, but Chloe soon interrupted "Gay marriage is legal in all 50 states!" She continued to jump, even tried to get Beca to jump, but it didnt work. "Beca, if your kid came out gay, it could get married anywhere!" Beca laughed at the redhead's excitement and nodded her head in agreement. 36 states had same sex marriage before now, Georgia not being one of them. Now it was.

"Speaking of gay rights, i have something to tell you." Beca said, making Chloe stop jumping immediately. Her eyes got wide and face got serious. Beca laughed at her reaction and said "Its nothing bad, just something i said 2 weeks ago." Chloe took a deep breath and plopped on the couch. "I may or may not have told the cashier at the baby store that we were together." Chloe thought back to 2 weeks ago, remembering the young blonde cashier girl making goggly eyes at them while shopping. Although she was confused by Beca's actions, she felt a sense of happiness, thinking that maybe she had the same feelings. "Why would you say that?" She said, a little too cheery.

Chloe's reaction made Beca came to her senses toward her. It didnt take much, but it did the trick. Just that little cheery question made Beca instantly realize that she wanted to take Chloe on dates, hold her hand, wake up next to her in bed every morning, and kiss her.

So she did. It wasn't a big blown out kiss, just simple. Beca leaned over to Chloe, who was sitting right next to her, and put her lips on Chloe without thinking twice. It wasnt long, but when they finished they were both out of breath. They both stared into each others eyes, speechless. Beca liked to be spontaneous, not really plan anything, so Chloe could believe it was unplanned. She was a little shocked that she would kiss her, but she wasnt complaining.

"Wow." was all that came from Beca. Kissing her was way better than just imagining it. There was a comfortable silence before Chloe said "What now?"

--

After what seemed like forever to get the girls talking, the two decided to talk at the park. They didn't want dinner because it was too early, and didn't want lunch because even that seemed like a century away to talk about what happened. "Before we go on this date, i do have to tell you something." Beca said as they sat down at a picnic table. Chloe looked at her, thinking it was serious, but all she said was "im pregnant, but dont worry, it's not yours." Chloe rolled her eyes, but they both had a good laugh.

They stared at each other again until Beca started the conversation. "Im going to straight up say it, i like you. I like the things you do. From the cute things to the god awful annoying things. The way you make breakfast, the way you have to make the house spotless clean. You took me in when i needed it, and shit, you took my pregnancy better than Jesse." Chloe teared up a little bit. Beca never got sentimental, and knew she rarely did anything romantic. So to Chloe, it was incredibly important and she wished she had a video. Beca continued saying, "So i guess what i mean is, will you be my girlfriend? Its out of the blue, this whole thing is, but would you be my other half?" Beca got nervous. She knew Chloe would say yes, because she knew Chloe had a crush on her, everyone knew. But still, deep deep down she was shaking on the inside with nervousness and happiness, finally getting to tell her how she felt. Chloe decided to pull a Beca and say "Hm, i dont think so." Beca's eyes widened and before she could cry, Chloe said "Im just kidding! Of course its a yes!" Beca took a deep breath and they both smiled. Although it was in public, they kissed each other and finished their date by watching the kids play in the park.

--

I wrote the first part of this the day marriage equality became legal. Even though it happened in June, the story takes place in September or October. Also, I wasn't intending Bechloe to happen so fast but it did and im kinda happy i did it.
Anyway, thanks for all the reads and votes! Y'all rock!