Blue Everywhere

The balloons flying away from the backyard is what caught Beca's attentions. The seven and a half month pregnant woman was curious as to why there was balloons until she heard Chloe yell "Amy, don't let them fly away!"

She chuckled herself and let herself in the house, dropping her purse off before making her way to the back door. Since the window was covered with paper, she opened the door to an impromptu baby shower.

Before Beca could say anything, Amy dropped the inflated balloons she was holding and said "Dammit Beca!" Beca laughed as Stacie, Cynthia Rose, and Flo shook their heads and mentally slapped themselves. Chloe sighed then smiled at her girlfriend. "What are you doing home so early?" Beca shrugged, "Dad got tired of me, I guess."

Before they knew it, Emily was rushing through the fence gate with a cake in her hands. "I'm sorry I'm late I-" She stopped herself when she saw Beca standing on the porch giggling at her. "How did she get in?" The tall brunette said, thoroughly confused. "It's my house, genius. I didn't mean to mess up the surprise. I can leave and come back." Beca said while walking down the porch steps. "It's fine, this is almost everyone anyway." Chloe started, handing her a roll of blue streamers, "But since you're here, you can help decorate."

--

Beca didn't mean to walk in on the surprise. In all honesty, she felt bad about it. She later found out from the talkative Emily that the baby shower had been in the works since the gender reveal. "It's not a big deal, Bec. You would have found out anyway." Chloe said while the two women watched former Bella captain Aubrey talk to current captain Emily. "Thanks again, babe." Beca said, pecking her girlfriend on the lips.

After Emily ran in with the cake that was neatly decorated with blue bottles and binkies and other baby things, Aubrey, Jessica, Ashley, a few other friends, and even Sheila came to the event. "Your dad is so proud of you, Beca." Her stepmom said while at the snack table. "He's even prouder that you're giving him a grandson." They both laughed, Beca replying "I think he has to thank Jesse for that one." The two haven't talked in a while as Sheila often travels for work and Beca being busy in her own personal life. The brunette vowed to talk to the mother figure more before talking to other guests.

"You're going to name the baby after me, right?" Amy said. Beca thought she was joking until she saw the seriousness on her face. She cut the laughing short and said "I'll think about it." She smiled as Amy gave her a thumbs up while walking away. She let out a sigh of relief, catching a glimpse of Emily while doing so. She was the youngest in the group and not yet graduated. She had hung with the former Bellas for several years, but still felt awkward when it came to certain more adult situations.

"Hey Em, you okay?" Beca said walking towards Emily, who was sitting on the porch step with her chin resting on her hand. "Yeah I'm fine." She made space for the older woman and her growing bump to also sit on the step. "You seemed almost freaked out by all of this." She waved her arms, motioning to all the decorations covering the backyard. "Not gonna lie, I am a little freaked out. Im the youngest of four kids, all of them being boys. I'm 22 and never really been around pregnancy or babies. Especially when it's one of my best friends." Beca smiled to herself, but knew how the younger girl felt. "By the time this kid is one, you're going to be so comfortable around babies it'll be crazy." That made Emily feel better and even crack a smile, but what made her laugh is when Beca told her not to have kids until she's 30.

--

Beca thought she had never seen so many present for her when it wasn't her birthday or Christmas. Technically, it wasn't for her, it was for the baby, but she had to open them. She had gotten a lot of useful things, like diapers and onesies, and other things she had no idea what it was. She had to quietly ask Chloe what a breast pump was because she honestly thought it a beer pong for a baby. Chloe had thought she would've learned from Friends, as she has seen every episode 50 times. "Me and Rachel Green obviously think alike." Beca said, trying to defend herself.

Her favorite present was surprisingly from Lily, which was the fluffiest teddy bear she had ever seen, 4 outfits, a pair of shoes, then slipped her a bottle of whiskey for "when she got tired of the kid for the day". Initially she had been kind of wearing accepting the alcohol, but later realized she would probably need it. And, who doesn't want a free bottle of whiskey?

The cake Emily had brought was chocolate and vanilla, so it pleased everyone. What also pleased everyone was Beca's mixes playing in the back. The creator of those mixes decided to play them, as they were her girlfriend loved them and would never ask her to stop making them. "You love me, don't you?" Chloe said, her hands rapping around Beca's arm. "It's the least I can do for the person that puts up with my shit 24/7."

Beca was happy everyone that she liked had came. Even though she hadn't seen some of them in years, she got to catch up with them. When asked how she knew how to call them, Chloe bluntly said "I went through your phone, duh." Of course, with an event that Amy was invited to, after all the strangers left she pulled out bottles of liquor that had been hiding around the house. Some bottles that could've been there for months without any knowledge of being there. "Amy, it's a baby shower. Seriously?" Chloe questioned, taking the plastic table covers off of the picnic and card tables. "Yeah, Amy. That means you have to share." Stacie said, happily taking a swig of rum. Chloe had sighed and looked at Beca with a face of regret. "Don't look at me, you invited her." The brunette said, chuckling at her girlfriend who obviously wasn't pleased with drinking games starting at 4 pm.

--

After a long weekend of painting and putting a dresser together, Beca and Chloe had managed to get majority of the baby room decorated. "I think it looks perfect." Chloe said, admiring the baby jungle animal themed curtains she had picked out. "There is blue everywhere." Beca commented on the obvious. No name had been picked out so they saved space on the wall for letters; the only thing on the wall was a wallpaper strip wrapping around the room and wall stickers that Chloe had insisted on.

"I love you, Chloe Beale." Beca randomly said, watching her girlfriend adjust every little thing. Six months ago she would have found that annoying, but now she thinks its cute. "Love you too, Becs." She said subconsciously, adjusting a teddy bear that had fallen over. Beca walked behind her, wrapping her arms around the redhead's waist as best as possible. "Im so happy you stayed by my side all these months. It makes me even happier when you get excited about the baby and do things like the baby shower." Beca never got sentimental. Sometimes it was hard for her to say thank you, so it was natural for Chloe to get emotional. She turned around and made eye contact with her saying "I wouldn't want it any other way, so where else would I be?" The smiled and kissed each other for quite some time. "I'm happy to have you, Beale."

--

Finally an update!! Yay!! I meant to update last week but it was homecoming week so i was super busy, apologies.
Also, ill be having my new fic up in the next couple of days so be on the look out for that.
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy!