Bust Out The Rhymes

Imagine: it's 1:30am, there's a newborn baby crying his head off, and a tired mom trying not to cry herself. Beca and Chloe didn't have to imagine it, because it was happening to them.

The five day old Caden had already woken up three times, but he quickly fell asleep after a feeding or diaper change. He was not settling for any of that this time. Beca was patting his back and rocking him back and forth, doing anything to help calm him down.

"Has he been fed?" A tired Chloe said in the doorway of the baby's room. She yawned before walking over to the brunette.

"He was fed and changed an hour ago. I tried feeding him again, but he wouldn't take the bottle."

Chloe took the baby so the new mom could calm down a little bit. "Maybe he just wants to be held my ChloBear." She gently swung him in her arms while letting her fingers run over the soft skin of his hand. Beca watched in admiration from the rocking chair. She always loved when Chloe held the baby. Not because she didn't want to, but because she looked so cute doing it.

Caden had calmed down quite a bit, but he was still fussy. "Maybe we should call Jesse." Beca suggested as she stood up, noticing spit-up on her shirt that she didn't notice before.

Chloe looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

"We have to wake up for Caden, so why can't he? He's a parent, too."

Chloe nodded in agreement as she tried giving Caden a binky, but that was spit half way across the room. She didn't mind waking up for the cute little boy, and she even tried getting up before Beca, but it never happened. She was there at the first sign of a cry. Chloe did follow her into the room quite often. Sometimes she didn't help, but just stood by the wall and took in the sight of her girlfriend showing off the motherly abilities Chloe had never seen before.

----

"What's going on, Bec? You know it's like two in the morning, right?" Jesse answered the phone right away, but didn't suspect anything was wrong with their perfectly healthy son.

"Your son doesn't care that it's two. He's perfectly fine with screaming his head off." Beca held the bridge of her nose with her fore finger and thumb as she listened to Caden's cries. "You need to come over to see if you can calm him down. Me nor Chloe can. Please come over." Her hormones took over and she was on the brink of tears, her emotions coming through the phone.

"Don't cry, I'll be there in five minutes." He hung up the phone and Beca wiped away the few tears that had fallen. This would be the first time Jesse would see his son at night. He had been over for hours upon hours during the three days they had been home, but hadn't taken him over night yet. He was in the process of moving in with Aubrey and hadn't reassembled the crib yet.

In five minutes tops, Jesse barged through the front door and followed his son's cries to his bedroom. He walked to Chloe, who was still holding him, and took him in his arms.

"Hey big guy, daddy's here. You can calm down now." He kissed him on the small fluff of brown hair that rested atop of his head. "You tried feeding him?"

"Feeding, burping, changing, you name it and I've done. He just keeps crying." Beca pushed away the few strands of hair that fell over her eyes.

"I have an idea." Jesse's eyes lit up and he left the room, heading towards the stairs. The girls, who were equally curious, followed him. They followed him all way downstairs and into the living room. He promptly sat on the couch, the boy still fussing away in his arms. "Now you guys have to sing."

Beca laughed, "I'm not singing at this early in the morning."

"Come on, just give it a try. It wouldn't hurt to try."