That's Your Baby

"Come on, Beca! We don't have all day!" Chloe yelled while throwing a pillow at Beca, who was still in bed. It was 10 am and the girls had a busy day a head of them. They planned on going out to breakfast, then to Beca's first ultrasound at 12, then going to the mall afterward. Obviously their plans of breakfast were ruined, as Beca slept in too late and most restaurants were busy and going to a lunch menu by the time they get ready.

"Chloe, stop. I need sleep. I was up early." Beca said as she took the thrown pillow and put it over her head. "Well maybe you shouldn't have gotten pregnant." Chloe said, throwing another pillow. Beca mumbled "I still blame Jesse." as she got up. Although she was sitting up, Chloe still threw a pillow, just for emphasis. She went downstairs and whipped up something quick to eat, pancakes. In the past week, that was something Beca craved whether it was for breakfast or dinner. And Chloe, being the good woman she is, fixes them. Not to mention their delicious and easy to make. Beca finally made her way downstairs to eat, and they decided to talk about how the ultrasound will go. "So how many weeks do you think you are?" Chloe asked, shoving pancakes in her mouth. Beca shrugged and said "Like, 4 weeks. No more than 8. I dont even have a bump yet." When she was alone, Beca liked to look in the mirror and her growing stomach, but was met with disappointment every time there was no bump.

When she found out about the baby, she was scared shitless and didn't think she could handle being a mom. But as the week went on, she's gained more and more confidence. Sure, she was still scared out of her mind, but she knew she would have a crazy amount of support. "Is Jesse going?" Chloe asked, taking Beca out of her deep thinking. Beca swallowed what she was chewing and said "Yeah, he was going to meet us there. He's pretty excited." Beca and Jesse mutually agreed that Chloe would be a big part of the babies life, therefore she could come to all the appointments she wanted. Chloe agreed to herself that by the time the baby was born, she would be more than just an aunt, she would be a step motherly kind of figure. AKA, eventually asking Beca out. She decided that with all the recent events, her and Beca have grown closer and could possibly make it work.

--

The girls eventually, not fast, but eventually got ready for the day. Jesse got there before them, patiently waiting in the lobby. "You know that i am the one carrying the baby, right?" Beca said as she sat down next to him. "I figured you would be here sooner. Excitement and all." Chloe, who was sitting on the other side of Beca, told him about that mornings events. Jesse, who lived with Beca for some time, believed every single word as she was not a morning person.

"Beca Mitchell?" a nurse called when they were in deep conversation about Beca's horrible sleep habits. All 3 people stood up, Beca leading the pack. The nurse was obviously not use to the site of a soon-to-be-mother, her prospective girlfriend, and the baby daddy all together, as she gave a few dirty looks leading them to the room. As soon as Beca got her vitals done, the nurse went to get the doctor, giving her the chance to joke around. "You think she was watching us make the baby with the looks she was giving us." All 3 snickered, but Chloe realized she was the main reason for the looks, making the situation look gay, even though she was still friend. She decided to put her thoughts to the back of her mind when the doctor came in.

"Hello Beca. Im Dr. Wagner. How are you feeling today?" The doctor said. She was a tall, thin, blonde who, by the looks of a few rings, was married and probably had a few kids. "Im pretty good. A little tired." Beca answered, shooting a glare at Chloe, continuing the previous joke the had going all morning. The doctor didnt pick up the humor so she said "That's pretty common in pregnancy. If you don't mind, we're going to take a look at you on the screen." She instructed Jesse to dim the lights as she turned on the monitor. Beca lifted up her shirt and the doctor put some blue gel on stomach, making her jump from the coolness. Dr. Wagner put the wand to get belly, making the image go to the screen. All 3 adults were mesmerized while Wagner moved it around. She finally settled on a spot towards the middle of her stomach, showing what looked like a bean. Dr. Wagner pointed to it saying "That is your baby. You're about 6 weeks along, and everything is healthy." She looked at everyone, especially at Jesse who looked like he was misting up. She decided to leave the room, giving all three some time to take it in.

"Well Jesse, looks like you forgot the condoms sooner than we thought." Beca said, easing up the seriousness in the room. Although Beca was pretty emotional, she still cracked the joke as Jesse looked away, wiping his eyes. "Becs, thats your baby. You really have a baby growing inside of you." Chloe said in excitement. It was Beca's nature to crack a joke, probably about how it was actually an alien, but decided against it, seeing how happy Chloe was. Jesse was excited too. He couldn't wait to hold his child, even with 34 weeks to go. After all the excitement died down, Dr. Wagner came back and gave them all a sonogram picture, tips on handling Beca's morning sickness, and scheduled an appointment for next month, something the soon-to-be-parents were already looking forward to.

--

"Beca, you have to get this." Chloe said, holding up a neutral colored onesie. After the doctor, the girls decided to stop at an In-N-Out Burger then go to the mall, where they found themselves walking through a baby store. Beca took a sip of her drink and said "Nuh-uh. Im not buying any clothes until i know the gender. First we need a crib, a changing table,..." Beca babbled on about all the essentials they actually did need. Somewhere between joking at the doctors and walking into the store, she realized that she was going to be responsible for a human being and to limit the jokes. Don't get her wrong, she knew what she was in for, but it didn't hit her until she was her growing baby on the screen. "Beca, you can get all that stuff later. You can even make Jesse build the damn thing, just buy this one thing." Chloe pleaded. Beca refused again, but only to be met with puppy eyes that Chloe knew she couldn't deny, because that day hasn't come yet. Beca lowered her shoulders in defeat and unwillingly took the undeniably cute onesie from her. Before Chloe could grab another, she was already at the check out.

"Is that your girlfriend? You two are cute together." The cashier said out of the blue. Beca looked back to find Chloe smiling at some adorable shoes. She nodded her head and said "Yes, she is."

--

Thank you guys for reading!! You guys are amaze balls! Vote and comment what you think will happen next :)