🕷 014. | earth 42

────────.★..─
CH014 : EARTH 42
─..★.────

TW: death
(I'm so sorry guys)

Once we made it back home I fell to the ground and slid to the side and miles had his hands wrapped around me protectively, Nico slid and his back hit something sharp but he ignored the pain.

He coughed and it felt like he couldn't see anything. a gasped escaped him and his chest felt like it was slowing.

We kept webbing through our universe, every time Nico webbed he kept falling and all he could do was let put pained grunts.

I noticed this and me and miles decided to come to a stop, Nico gasped and held onto his side tightly.

Miles and I made our way over to him, we had escaped all the others and we looked over at him.

Nico was breathing shallow breaths and his chest was rising up and down slowly, "Nico...man you good?" Miles asks with worry.

"W-Why aren't you..?" I trailed off going to say something but Nico took off his mask and I could see the color from his a face draining.

"I can't feel anything.." Nico mumbled sadly, "E-Every time I try to move I can't feel anything. it's like I'm paralyzed or something. I'm scared, I'm so scared."

Tears started to fall down his face as he sobbed, Miles carefully held Nico in his arms and shook his head.

"Don't say that man, don't say that." Miles said while shaking his head, even a tear fell down his face.

I kneeled down next to him and started to cry myself, "I'm sorry for what I said last time. it was real petty of me, I know. but please, it's not your fault. I don't blame you two. I never meant that...I just-" he winced in pain.

"I just...think I had a lot on my mind at the time. I feel lightheaded." Nico mumbled, "Stay awake okay? just stay awake." I said while tears started to fall down my eyes, I held his head in my lap as I caressed his cold cheek.

"Please...I- I can't...I'm so tired of the pain it hurts." Nico whispered while sobbing.

"E-Everything hurts." he cried and I held him close while crying, Miles held nico as well while tearing up.

"I can't lose you man." Miles sobbed as tears fell from his eyes.

Nico just shook his head as he cried more, "It's okay. I'm gonna be okay. I promise. Just let me lay down for a few seconds." he mumbled.

I nodded and let him lay on my lap as nico kept his eyes opened, Miles held onto Nico's hand tightly and I whimpered a little.

...it was quiet but not too quiet. i kept holding onto him and Miles held Nico's hand.

"I was never angry. you know how I am, I just get paranoid a lot." Nico chuckled, "Yeah, yeah I know man." Miles smiled softly.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too."

It went quiet again and now at this point it was scaring me so bad. I looked down at nico.

...

His eyes. they were opened slightly but showed no signs of life. his smile faded and his lips were slightly parted as his hands went limp.

"N-Nico, wake up. s-stop, are these one of your tricks again?" Miles says and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Nico...?" Miles says as he began to sob once more, "Hey, c'mon wake up please."

I sat there silently in grief as I had my eyes shut, tears falling from my eyes. how? how did he die?

I looked down towards him and could see why...it was cause his powers were gone and it costed his life.

Why though?

I cried into my hands and miles held Nico close while still crying himself.

I grabbed Nico's cold hand and continued to sob, I lost someone important. my long time childhood friend.

I just know.

He's gone.

END OF CHAPTER 14