004. ━ the mom of the group

season six // episode eight[ the mom of the group ]

[ the mom of the group ]

ELLIE WAS RUDELY awoken from her deep sleep by the sound of her pager going off. Stumbling out of bed, half asleep, she turned on her light and checked it: 911. "Crap." Suddenly more awake, she hurriedly threw on clothes before running out the door to the hospital.

When she got there, Owen found her and Callie, both of whom looking tired. "Torres, Sloan, you're with me. We have a 15-year-old female. She fell off the roof of her house. Now I think that we should—"

A panicked woman turned to Owen. "She's gonna be okay, right? Please, I just need to know. Is she gonna be okay?"

"And this is her mother," Owen informed the two. "Mrs. Boyd, I need to bring Dr. Torres and Dr. Sloan up to speed right now, okay?"

"She's never been in any accident before. She's never even broken any bones."

"Oh," Callie sighed and looked at Owen. "You paged us here at 4 am for a couple of broken bones?"

"More like 50," he muttered, opening the door. She and Callie walk in and saw a young girl with her legs bruised black and blue and some bones sticking out.

Ellie nodded at the sight. "I'm awake now."

They gave her enough drugs to put her to sleep before starting for the OR. "Get another unit of packed cells, meet me in the OR," Callie instructed the nurse.

"Right away."

Arizona and Alex were right beside them. "Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. We need the OR."

"We need it, too," Callie replied with a frown. "We're already on our way."

"There's only one OR prepped this time of night," Arizona argued.

Callie nodded. "Which is why we need it."

"Mine's got a subdural."

"50 broken bones."

"Stroke in the womb!" Arizona and Alex took off running and Owen stopped short at a door opening making Callie groan.

"Alright, uh, get another OR ready now."

☀️

ELLIE SIPPED ON her iced coffee, walking beside Callie and Arizona to the peds ward when Owen came up to the three of them. "Okay, when you guys all see Cristina, she is gonna be mad. She's gonna be mad at me for not paging her in here last night, possibly mad at you for not waking her either. Now, I am handling this. Do not engage her."

"Do not engage the surgery-hungry resident?" Ellie asked slowly. "I work with her on a daily basis. She gets mean."

He nodded. "Which is the plan until I come up with something better." Owen gestures to Cristina who walks past them without a word.