037. ━ intervention in LA

season five // episode eight(private practice)[ intervention in LA ]

(private practice)
[ intervention in LA ]

trigger warning: mentions of drug use —

ADDISON STOOD IN front of her outside of the airport and let out a breath of relief when she saw the woman she had watched grow up. "Ellie!" she exclaimed and the blonde smiled. "Thank you for coming so quickly."

"It sounded important," Ellie said, hugging Addison tightly. "What's going on, Addie? What happened to Amelia?"

She sighed as she went around to the driver's side of her car. "She was gone for twelve days," she began and Ellie looked at her, opening the door of the passenger's side. "She's using again, Ellie. She tried to break into the practice for her prescription pad. She finally came back yesterday, acting like nothing even happened. You know that this isn't her."

"No," Ellie agreed with a sigh. "It isn't. But... She was doing so well. What happened? Why is she using again?"

"Her friend Michelle came to her asking for her help to commit suicide," she explained and the blonde raised her eyebrows. "We all tried to tell her not to do it, but she helped anyway—well until she had to call 911. Then when she went home, she found out that she had died from an overdose. Ever since then, she started using again. She vanished and now we're all worried."

Ellie nodded. "I can see why."

"We're doing an intervention at the practice," Addison continued, turning on the engine of the car and pulling away from the airport. "And since you're the closest thing Amelia has to a sister—well, a sister who cares—I figured you'd be able to get through to her."

"Hopefully," she said with a sigh before glancing at the redhead. "So, what else is new? Anything I should know?"

Addison shrugged. "Sam and I broke up."

"You were dating Sam?!" she exclaimed and Addison let out a breath. "Hold on, like—like Naomi and Sam, Sam? Geez, a girl moves to Seattle and suddenly she doesn't know anything."

She chuckled. "Now that's the Ellie that I know and love."

☀️

"HEY, EVERYONE!" ADDISON called out once she and Ellie had stepped off the elevator and the blonde began looking around at the practice. "We're back."

"Who is we?" Ellie looked over at the sound of the voice and smiled softly at the sight. "Elizabeth Sloan," Sam Bennett said, looking at one of his oldest friends' younger sister. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Sam Bennett," she echoed, hugging him tightly which he gladly returned. "It's been a while. How have you been?"

"I'm good," he replied and she broke apart the hug, resting her hands on his shoulder. "Things still frosty between you and Mark?"