018. ━ first date

season seven // episode four[ first date ]

[ first date ]

"ELLIE, YOU'VE BEEN in there for 20 minutes. It's my turn." Ellie rolled her eyes and left the bathroom.

"My God, this is just like when we were growing up," she said with a sigh. "First of all, I was in there for 10 minutes. Second of all, you spend more time in there than I do." She looked at what he was wearing. "Since when do you work out?"

"Since today," he replied and she raised her eyebrows. "But Robbins and Torres are having a moment, so I'm waiting for them to finish."

"You're mean," she told him. "I'm on Callie's service today. And she has a case with Arizona. I don't want them complaining to me the entire time." Ellie groaned. "Thanks a lot, Mark. I gotta go."

"Hey, it's not my fault they're doing it right now."

Ellie shot him an annoyed look before leaving the apartment. She let out a breath before shuddering and walking to the hospital.

[ ANDY ]
Can't wait to see you
tonight. Any allergies I should
be aware of?

[ ELLIE ]
No allergies. See you tonight :)

She changed into her scrubs and joined Alex, Callie, and Arizona in their patient's room.

"You should've seen it, Dr. Robbins," the patient's dad told the surgeon. "His pottaballet kicked the other kids' asses."

"It's pas de bourrée, dad."

"Isn't that what I said?" he asked.

"You said it in American, Fred," his wife said. "It's French, right, sweetie?"

"Yes, and it's not something that you really kick ass at," their son replied with a nod. "Can we talk about the cancer now? Anything to make them stop."

"Yeah." Arizona nodded and turned to Alex. "Um, Dr. Karev?"

"Jake Fisher, fifteen, uh, osteosarcoma of the right tibia," he recited. "Today he'll be getting a minor bone dissection."

"How long after the surgery before I can dance again?" Jake asked.

"He's anxious because his ballet company is doing 'Swan Lake' this spring," his mom explained to them.

"Yeah," Fred agreed "It's like his Super Bowl."

Ellie smiled at him as Callie answered. "Jake, your recovery will depend on today's scans. They'll tell us how much the chemo shrunk the tumor, but trust me, we will have you back on your feet as soon as possible, okay?"

☀️

ELLIE SAT BESIDE Alex in the scan room, watching the monitor. "Well, his pain is not too bad." Ellie looked at him. "That means his tumor probably shrunk, right?" he asked the attendings.