007. ━ ellie flies solo

season six // episode thirteen[ ellie flies solo ]

[ ellie flies solo ]

ELLIE WAS IN surgery with Bailey and Meredith and the attending briefly looked at the Mercy West resident. "Sloan, how have you been settling in?"

She shrugged. "Pretty well. There's been a bit of an adjustment period, of course, but it's been going well."

"And people have been helpful? Kind?" she asked.

Ellie smiled reassuringly. "Most of the time, yeah."

"Most of the time?" Bailey frowned. "What do you mean most of the time?"

"I don't blame them," Ellie replied with a shrug. "I mean, you all had certain ways of doing things, and so did we. It's just hard to mesh them together. But, yeah, people have been nice."

"I like you," Bailey told her and Ellie looked at her. "You're different than the other residents."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" she asked.

"Good." Bailey nodded. "Plus, that photographic memory of yours, it's a gift. Use it."

Ellie smiled softly before turning to Meredith. "So, Derek's first day as chief is today. Is he ready?"

"He's mostly worried about his tie, but yeah, I think he's ready."

"And you?" she asked. "Are you ready to be known as the wife of the chief?"

Meredith stayed silent and shrugged. Ellie nodded before she turned back to the surgery in front of them. Bailey looked at their work. "I think we've almost got the tumor out. At this rate, we'll be finished early, Grey, Sloan. You two might be able to catch the end of Shepherd's big speech."

Suddenly a monitor started going off and Meredith looked up. "She's tachycardic."

They all looked at the anesthesiologist, Ben Warren, who looked around in confusion. "I don't understand what happened. Everything appears to be in order here."

"There's-There's no bleeders," Bailey said, looking over their work. "I don't see any bleeders. Okay, I-I don't see a-a reason why down here, so why is her heart rate going through the roof?"

Ellie looked at the patient while Meredith turned to their attending. "Did you check her anastomosis?"

"Her anastomosis is intact," Bailey replied. "Everything is intact."

"Dr. Bailey?" Ellie said, still looking at the patient. "She's awake."

Bailey followed the blonde's gaze as she began to freak out and she turned to Ben. "Well, what the hell did you do?" she snapped, beginning to panic. "What the hell did you do? Get her back to sleep right now."

"It's okay," Ellie said to the patient, trying to take her attention away from the bickering. "I know it's scary, just stay calm, okay? We're gonna fix this and you're gonna be just fine. Alright, just listen to my voice..."