011. ━ girl's night

season six // episode eighteen[ girl's night ]

[ girl's night ]

ELLIE WALKED OUT to the ambulance bay with Alex. "How long?"

"Two minutes."

"It's Nicole, right?" Jackson asked with a smile. Ellie crinkled her nose in disgust just as Mark walked up, not noticing his sister.

"Three guys waiting on an ambulance?" Mark asked, looking at the group of residents. "Must be Nicole behind the wheel." Ellie cleared her throat and crossed her arms making Mark's eyes go wide.

"Have you seen her ass?" Charles asked the group. "Man, I'd love to hit that."

"You all are disgusting," Ellie told them just as Richard walked up to them. "Good morning, Dr. Webber."

Charles' smile fell instantly. "Sorry about that, chief. I—"

"That's quite alright," Richard waved it off. "And, um, I'm not the chief." The ambulance pulled up and Nicole got out of the vehicle.

"Hey, Nicole," Ellie smiled in greeting.

"Hi, Ellie." She opened the back. "Nick Kelsey, 32, injured skiing off a helicopter. Vital signs are stable."

Ellie slapped the back of Charles's head as his eyes wandered to Nicole. He grimaced in pain before they focused back on the patient. "It wasn't the helicopter that did it. It was the avalanche."

"Idiotic either way," Nicole said, shaking her head. "He's got two idiot friends coming in behind him, but he's got the worst of it - open fracture to the left tibia and left hip fracture." Nicole went to get something from the ambulance and Charles stared at her again when she noticed him. "What are you looking at, chachi?"

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Ignore them. Please. Are we still on for drinks tonight, Nicole?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you when my shift is done."

Ellie smiled before following the gurney into the trauma room. Jackson frowned at her. "You're getting drinks with her?"

"Of course I am," she said. "She's my friend. Besides, she said there's someone she wants me to meet. April and Reed are coming, too."

"Reed?" Charles asked and Ellie rolled her eyes.

"You, Charlie, need to pluck up the courage and ask her out," she told him. "Stop living in fear."

"What if she says no?" he asked.

Ellie patted him on the shoulder with a shrug. "You won't know until you try. Good luck." She moved beside her brother, helping him with the frostbitten fingers. Callie joined them to work on the bones.

"I need to reduce this ankle dislocation. Give him 10 of morphine."

"Ellie and I need to treat his frostbite," Mark said. "Nick, you like the tips of your fingers?"