017. ━ amelia, not amy

season seven // episode three[ amelia, not amy ]

[ amelia, not amy ]

ELLIE STOOD IN line at Starbucks, waiting for her coffee. "Alright, a venti iced latte with 5 pumps of vanilla, 2 pumps of caramel, an extra shot of espresso, topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle."

"Thank you." Ellie smiled and took hold of the cold drink.

"That's quite a bit of sugar in that cup." Ellie turned at the sound of the voice, facing a man around her age. His brown hair swept upwards and his brown eyes stared at the drink in her hand.

Ellie shrugged. "What can I say? It helps wake me up."

"I'm not judging," the man said, showing his drink. "I might have the same problem."

Ellie smiled. "Then, you have good taste. I'm Ellie."

"Andy."

She bit her bottom lip before sitting down beside him at the table. "So, why do you need all of the sugar? Extra help staying awake?"

Andy chuckled. "I work with 3rd graders," he replied. "If anything, it's to try and keep up with them."

"You're a teacher, then?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. And what is it you do? Something tiring that needs all of that sugar?"

She smiled. "Uh, a surgical resident. Over at Seattle Grace Mercy West."

"I had a surgery there once," he said. "Phenomenal service."

Ellie chuckled. "Well, I'm glad we left a lasting impression, but I don't think we'll want to see you again." Andy smiled softly. "As much as I've enjoyed this little chat, I'm gonna be late for work. It was nice to meet you, Andy."

"Likewise." She smiled and started for the door. "Any chance I can get your number?" She turned around and tilted her head to the side. "You're cute."

Ellie looked at him before shrugging. She pulled out a piece of paper from her purse and took his pen from the table. She handed it to him. "You're cute, too."

☀️

ELLIE WALKED WITH Jackson and April, hugging the stack of charts to her chest when her eyes widened. She quickly moved to the other side of Jackson and kept looking around him. He looked at April who shrugged. "Um, Ellie?" She looked at them. "What are you doing?"

"Amy is here," Ellie replied, still looking around Jackson. "The person who is as good a sister to me, who I haven't spoken to since the shooting, and she's standing in the middle of this hospital. Right there."

Jackson and April followed her gaze, landing on the young neurosurgeon with brown hair falling in loose curls.

"Just keep walking," she said. "If nobody sees me, I don't have to talk to her."