019. ━ ortho

season seven // episode four[ ortho ]

[ ortho ]

"SO, HOW'S THE first day going? Any crazy kids?"

Andy chuckled. "Not too bad yet. However, that might just be because it's eight in the morning. Give them a few hours. Are you busy tonight?"

"Not that I'm aware of," Ellie replied with a smile. "Why? What did you have in mind?"

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to get some ice cream with me after work. It's my first day of school tradition."

"You're sharing your tradition with me?" she asked and Andy hummed in response. "That's so cute. Ice cream sounds perfect. I'll talk to you later. Good luck with the chaotic kids later today."

Jackson looked up as Ellie hung up her phone while walking into the locker room with a smile on her face. "Hey."

"Hi." She put her bag in her cubby and started braiding her blonde hair. "We haven't talked in a bit. How are you?"

"I'm good," he replied, putting on his coat. "You seem perky. What's going on with you?"

"Just in a good mood," she said with a shrug. "Is it a crime to be happy?"

He shook his head. "No, of course not. You just seem extra happier than usual."

"I have an ice cream date tonight."

"Another one?" he asked. "That's, what, the third date this week?" She nodded with a smile. "Wow, that—that's great."

Ellie furrowed her brow and was about to reply when Richard walked in, handing out scrubs to the residents. "I have great faith in you... I can because I chose you. The training wheels are coming off, people."

Meredith looked up. "Navy scrubs?"

"Attending scrubs," Richard confirmed. "You are attendings today. Run the cases, take point, but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then... congratulations. You've just been promoted."

☀️

ELLIE TOOK A chart and started to look through it when Jackson and April joined her, bumping into each other.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Teddy asked Richard with a doubtful expression on her face.

"Of course it is," he said, nodding. "We all did it. It's the evolution of the craft, the passing of the torch, the lifeblood of the training process."

Ellie stumbled against the desk when April ran into her. "Okay, stop hitting each other," she said, rolling her eyes. "It's annoying."

Richard sighed at the sight. "Pray, people. We want God in the building today."

"Who's taking over my service?" Callie asked and Ellie turned, raising her hand.

"I am."

Callie smiled. "Oh, well then good. I have the good one, so this is gonna go well. Come on, Sloan. I wanna see what you're made of."