Chapter 5

Olivias POV:  

Having dinner with Drew last night was like being pulled out of ice water that I'd been treading in for 3 years.

I've loved Drew since I was 23. The time and space between us hasn't changed that.

3 years ago,  I only let her go so she could fly. It broke my heart to see her walk out that apartment door, but there was no way I was going to stand in the way of her success.

I know I could've gone with her. Sometimes I wish I had. We were both so young and stubborn. The thought of having to rely on someone else to survive in this world made me panic. So, I let her leave.

To say that I was depressed and angry after she left was an understatement. My students started referring to me as, "Word Bitch." I started putting less effort into my dancing and started drinking A LOT. Those first 2 months without her were agonizing.

One night I was dancing at the club and Sandra asked me if I was up for a personal dance. I was already a little drunk but agreed and walked into a back room where a handsome man was waiting for me.

He was nice to me and I was lonely. I ended up leaving the club with him. We went back to his place and slept together. As soon as I left his house the next morning, I regretted it. The sex wasn't even good. Well, maybe it was, but it was nowhere even close to the standard Drew had set for the last 2 years. God she was good in bed.

After that night I sank into a deeper depression, and 3 weeks later I peed on a pregnancy test. It was positive. I cried for hours. I wanted someone to hold me and tell me it was okay. Not just someone, my someone. My Drew.

I wanted to call her and ask her to come home, but I couldn't do that to her. I ended things with her. I broke her heart. I couldn't just call her up 3 months later and tell her I was pregnant with another man's child. She would be devastated. Like I was.

I went to the man's apartment and told him I was pregnant. He asked me to get an abortion. I considered it. We were at the clinic but when they called me back, I couldn't do it. My one-night stand dropped all contact with me and moved out of his apartment. I never even knew his name. I guess that's good for him.

So, I danced at Plaisir and taught until the school year was over. My baby bump was starting to show so I couldn't dance anymore.Without dancing, I couldn't afford to take care of myself. I moved across the country and in with my parents.

They weren't very happy with me, to say the least. They got over it as soon as my little girl was born. She's got them wrapped around her little fingers.

My parents had no clue why I named her Rory. They might've exploded if they ever found out she was named after my ex-girlfriends' mom.

When I finally got back on my feet, I decided I wanted to reach out to Drew. It had been a little over a year since we ended things. I called her and the line had been disconnected. She'd changed her number. So, I called Carli. I told Carli about what happened and she flew to Vegas to see me.

We caught up and she met Rory. She told me about how well Drew has been doing and the movie deal she just got. I was so happy to hear she was doing well. I made the decision right there to not drag her back into my problems. I'd already done that once and my ex almost killed her.

I made Carli promise not to tell Drew about Rory. She hesitated, but finally agreed. We have talked about once a month since then. She's the one who told me Drew would love to see me at the convention. She's why I went.

Thank God I did. Drew is still the most gorgeous human I've ever seen. Sure, she's got a whole team of people to do her makeup and hair, but she doesn't need it. She could be wearing a trash bag and I'd still be attracted to her.