Chapter 7

Olivia's POV:

Tomorrow is Christmas. I'm so excited because this is probably the first Christmas Rory will remember.

I want to make sure everything is perfect.

Rory and I spent the day making cookies and watching Christmas videos together. My mom and dad came over for a Christmas Eve dinner and to let Rory open her presents from them. They are leaving on a cruise for the next week and won't be back until January 2nd.

Thank God the club called and said they were closing for renovations until the 5th because I'd have no one to watch Rory. I was planning on just calling in sick.

The manager also said every dancer will be receiving $2K for the trouble. The new owner is amazing.

It's almost Rory's bed time and I had just gotten her out of the bath when my phone started ringing. I wrapped her in a towel and let her run free while I reached for my phone.

Oh god it's Drew, and she's FaceTiming me.

I looked in the mirror and made sure my hair and face were presentable. My hair was in a messy bun with random pieces of hair sticking up. I tried to flatten them quickly but gave up. I sighed and pressed answer.

"Hello there." She said with a beaming smile. Her hair was straightened and she had on a full face of makeup. Damn she's just so beautiful.

"Hi Drew." I blushed. Her beauty overwhelms me sometimes. "You look beautiful."

"So do you." She smiled. "I just came from a meeting."

"It's Christmas Eve!"

"That's show business babe." She winked, then chuckled.

"Well, I hope they give you tomorrow off at least."

"They didn't." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry Drew." I frowned.

"It's okay. I'm just looking forward to New Years and seeing you and Rory."

My heart fluttered in my chest.

"Mama! Is dat Dwew?" Rory yelled, running into the room completely naked.

"Yes baby. We need to find you some clothes." I replied to her.

"I thought I saw a baby butt in the back ground." Drew said, laughing.

"Yeah, you called as I got her out of the bath." I giggled.

"My bad. I can call back later if you..."

"No!" I said quickly. Her eyebrow shot up and she smirked at me. "I just mean, I can get her in her PJs really fast. Then you can talk to her." I smiled.

"Sounds good." Drew said smiling.

I set the phone down and grabbed Rory. I carried her into her room and put her in a pair of footy pajamas.

"Do you want to talk to Drew?" I asked her.

"Talk to Dwew pwease." She said, holding her arms out asking me to pick her up.

"Okay baby, let's go."

I carried Rory back to where my phone was and held it up to our faces so Drew could see us.

"Dwew!" Rory yelled.

Drew pretended to be shocked to see her and it made Rory giggle.

"Oh my goodness you scared me!" She said to Rory, making me giggle.

"Growed ups don't get afwaid Dwew."

"Guess I'm not a growed up then!" She said shrugging. Rory giggled even louder.