Chapter 18

Drew's POV:

I woke up to light flooding in through the window of my hospital room. I noticed Olivia was still in bed behind me with her arms secured tightly around my stomach. I looked down at them and smiled to myself.

I felt her shift behind me, sitting up and unwrapping me from her hold. I rolled over and looked at her. My whole body was very sore, so the movements hurt. Olivia was leaning over me, looking into my eyes, studying me.

I couldn't help the smile that took over my face the moment I saw her.

"Morning beautiful." I spoke softly.

She didn't say anything. She just continued studying my face. Her eyes looked so tired and sad. I reached a hand up and cupped her cheek. The moment our skin touched, she leaned down and kissed me.

My whole body shivered with pleasure. I kissed her back without hesitation. She hasn't said a word yet and this kiss is already telling me everything I need to know.

She leaned back slightly, disconnecting our lips. A tear was rolling down her cheek.

"I'm okay babe. Don't cry." I said, reaching up and wiping away the tear with a small reassuring smile on my lips.

"I hate seeing you like this." She said, shaking her head.

"The seizures don't happen very often. You don't have to worry beautiful."

"Drew. I'm going to worry. That's my job as your..." she stopped what she was saying.

"As my girlfriend." I confirmed, nodding my head and smiling.

"Yeah." She blushed. "We never really put a label on it so I didn't want to assume..."

"I literally told you I love you and I fly to see you any chance I get. You're my girlfriend Olivia." I said, chuckling.

Olivia leaned down and pecked my lips, then laid down next to me with a smile on her face.

I already have more energy than I've had in days. The only problem is my whole body is aching from the seizure. I'll probably be sore for a few days.

There was a knock on the door and Olivia climbed out of the bed quickly as the doctor came in.

"Oh good! You're awake!" He said, smiling at me. "How do you feel?"

"Sore." I shrugged sitting up, not without difficulty, with a grimace on my face.

"That's to be expected, but I'm sure you already know the drill." He chuckled.

I nodded at him and glanced at Olivia to gage her reaction. She was just staring at me with a concerned look on her face. Butterflies erupted in my stomach knowing she cares about me.

"Well Miss Line, I am satisfied with your recovery and everything looks normal so I'm going to go ahead and release you. You need to follow up with your neurologist. I've already called him and updated him on everything."

"Thank you, sir." I said, nodding at him again.

"Alright, I'll get those discharge papers signed and you guys can get out of here in about 20 minutes. Uh... There's quite a few people outside so we arranged for you to be picked up in the cargo area so you won't be bothered." He added.

"Thanks again, doc." I gave him a small smile.

"No problem. You're in good hands Miss Line. That woman right there watched you like a hawk all night." He chuckled, then walked out of the room.

My eyes switched to Olivia's. She was blushing from what the doctor said and I found that fucking adorable.

I held out a hand to her and she walked over and put her hand in mine. I pulled it to my lips and kissed it.