00 .⋆. Prologue

・゚゚・。 Neteyam knew that he shouldn't like her and he tried his best to get rid of those feelings, but he couldn't help it

・゚゚・。 Neteyam knew that he shouldn't like her and he tried his best to get rid of those feelings, but he couldn't help it. He was a young boy and received so much praise from his parents, but he just wanted her to notice him. In his eyes, she noticed his younger brother more than him.

As soon as his father put the mark in the wood pole, Neteyam turned around to glance at his height. He smiled at the realization that he was still the tallest of them all. He turned his head to look at Dominique, who was standing in between her older brother and his younger one. While the boys seemed interested in Neteyam's height, she seemed a bit bored. Before his smile could fall, her eyes met his and she gave him a small smile.

Neteyam couldn't help but grin, even if her attention was now on the ikrans flying above them. He had her attention, even if it was for a mere second.

There were many reasons why Neteyam shouldn't have feelings for her. Dominique was human and he was a na'vi. His mother didn't like Dominique because her father had been the man who tried to destroy the Tree of Souls. The thing that made them the most different from one another was their personalities. 

He was calm, level-headed, mature, and responsible. She was wild, careless, immature, and reckless.

Neteyam wasn't quite sure what made him attracted to her. Perhaps it was her smile, for she had a beautiful one. It could have been her laugh, which was like a melody to his ears. It could have easily been the fact that she was so caring and kind, despite her recklessness. On multiple occasions, Neteyam had seen Dominique help clean Lo'ak and Spider's wounds from their adventures.

Once, he had scraped his knee on purpose, hoping that she would help clean it. The planned fall had hurt more than he intended it to and with tears in his eyes, he called her name three times before she noticed. 

She had cleaned the wound and put a bandage on it for him. Before she left to go play with their brothers, she wiped the tears from his eyes and smiled. Before he could thank her, she had jumped up and begun to walk away. Neteyam said her name once more, just because he wanted to say it. When she turned around, he took the opportunity and thanked her. She simply grinned, locked her hands behind her back, and continued walking towards Lo'ak and Spider.

He repeated her name in his head often. He loved the sound of it. Dominique was a pretty name and it suited her well. Neteyam always frowned when Lo'ak called her Dom. The fact that his brother had given her a nickname made him believe that something was going on between them, even though they were all so young. What made him frown even more, was the fact that Dominique seemed to like the nickname.

One morning, when he called her by her full name, Dominique had politely asked him to call her by her nickname. Neteyam had been confused, especially when she told him that she didn't like her full name. It shocked him and he was hurt when his brother walked up to them and said her new nickname suited her much better than her full name. Dominique had giggled, agreeing with him. Then she had hugged him.

It was easy for Lo'ak to gain Dominique's attention. It bothered Neteyam, but he didn't want to disappoint his father by acting out just to get a girl's attention. So he behaved, hoping that one day Dominique would see him for who he is.

 So he behaved, hoping that one day Dominique would see him for who he is