01 .⋆. Scars and Souvenirs

・゚゚・。 The night before the raid, the Sully children and the Socorro children sat together by a small fire

・゚゚・。 The night before the raid, the Sully children and the Socorro children sat together by a small fire. Norm and Jake were not far, most likely discussing plans for the raid.

Tuk sat in front of Dom and Kiri, allowing the girls to braid her hair. Lo'ak, who was sitting next to Dom, would occasionally poke her. He grinned every time she turned to glare at him. From Kiri's side, Neteyam watched his brother and Spider whisper to one another.

"Are you going to listen tomorrow?" Kiri asked, her question directed towards her brothers.

"Of course. It's our first raid and our job will allow us to help while also being safe." Neteyam replied, glancing up at Dom. Feeling eyes on her, she looked up and made eye contact with him. She sent him a quick smile before returning her attention back to Tuk's hair.

"Oh we'll be good for sure." Lo'ak smirked, nudging Dom's side.

"Lo'ak stop. You're going to make me mess up!" Dom smacked his hand away. He smiled down at her, Spider laughing at their antics.

"Bro we should totally sneak out into the forest again soon." Lo'ak spoke, catching everyone's attention. 

"Again?" Neteyam questioned, not remembering when his brother could have gotten away.

"Yeah, Dom you in?"

The blonde girl sat in silence for a moment, pondering. "I guess that depends on where we're going. I don't want to go where we went last time. That was so boring."

"How about the battlefield?" Spider suggested. Lo'ak nodded his head, agreeing to the idea very quickly. Neteyam looked back at Dom, hoping she'd turn the idea down. But he knew her better than that.

"Yeah that sounds fun. You coming Kiri?" Dom took a break from braiding Tuk's hair to brush her own hair out of her face. She sighed irritatedly as the strands fell back to their previous position.

"Here, let me help you." Lo'ak slipped one of Dom's hair ties off her wrist, tying her hair back as she continued to braid the young na'vi's hair. Neteyam watched with a heavy heart as she smiled and thanked his brother. 

"I suppose going out near the battlefield will be interesting. But we can't get too close, alright?" Kiri responded, looking Lo'ak in the eye.

"Alright, alright. Not too close." He held his hands up in surrender. Dom smiled softly to herself, Neteyam's jealousy not going unnoticed by her. She had known of his interest in her for awhile, but Lo'ak had held her back from saying anything. Along with Kiri, they had both assumed Neteyam would want to make the first move. It was a genuine assumption, but Lo'ak grew tired of waiting for his brother to make a move. Trying to speed up the process and help his friend and brother get together, he did small things for Dom when Neteyam was around. He hoped jealousy would be enough to bring them together.

Dom knew what Lo'ak was doing, but it was harmless since they had no feelings for each other. She too hoped jealousy would bring Neteyam enough confidence to confess to her, but she feared their differences would damage their relationship.