06 .⋆. New World

・゚゚・。 The flight had been long and tiring

・゚゚・。 The flight had been long and tiring. A few hours after they began flying over the ocean, Dom had fallen asleep. To ensure that she wouldn't fall off, Neteyam kept a secure arm around her. Every once in awhile, he would peer down at her and admire her. She looked so peaceful sleeping and Neteyam tried his best to make sure that she didn't wake up.

When the storm hit, he used his shawl to cover her head. He was successful in keeping her dry, but the thunder and awoken her.

Dom kept quiet when she woke up, knowing Neteyam wouldn't hear her voice over the storm. When it finally passed, she spoke up.

"How much further?"

"I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be too much longer." Neteyam replied, keeping his arm tight around her. Dom didn't mind and leaned back into his touch.

More time passed before the reef village came into view. When her eyes found it, Dom's nerves grew. She was human and would always be viewed as one of the sky people. Would the Na'vi here even accept her?

Her hands began to shake, her nerves becoming visible to Neteyam. The boy placed his hand over hers, comforting her.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently.

"Just nervous I suppose." Dom responded, looking down at the village.

"My father will convince them that you are harmless." Neteyam reassured. 

"I wouldn't exactly call her harmless." Lo'ak grinned, bringing his ikran closer to them. Dom rolled her eyes playfully.

"I could say the same for you!" She smiled.

When the ikrans landed, Neteyam jumped off first, quickly turning around to give Dom a hand. As soon as her feet touched the sand, Dom shuffled to stand closer to him. Many of the native na'vi surrounded them, intrigued by their looks and ikrans.

Two teenage boys walked up to the group, their eyes locking onto their odd features. Dom squeezed Neteyam's hand for comfort, which she hadn't let go of yet.

"Is that supposed to be a tail?" One asked, pointing at Lo'ak's tail. The other one walked closer to Dom, reaching forward to grab her fingers.

"What a freak." He mumbled, dropping her hand. Neteyam let go of Dom's hand, moving to put his hands on her waist. He carefully moved her in front of him, using his body to shield her from the teenage boys.

"Tonowari." Jake greeted the Olo'eyktan as he walked through the sea of na'vi.

"Jake Sully." He greeted back. They exchanged a few words before the tsahik arrived.

"Why do you come to us?" She asked, glancing over at Dom.

"We seek uturu." Jake responded.

"Uturu?"