10 .⋆. Shattered

・゚゚・。 After Lo'ak had told the newly formed friend group about what happened after Ao'nung and his friends left him, Tsireya and Rotxo had gasped

・゚゚・。 After Lo'ak had told the newly formed friend group about what happened after Ao'nung and his friends left him, Tsireya and Rotxo had gasped. Ao'nung didn't seem to worried, even after his sister realized the tulkun that saved Lo'ak was Payakan, a killer.

Dom sighed as Neteyam teased his brother, resulting in Lo'ak walking away.

"He'll come around." Ao'nung said. "In the meantime, I have chores to do."

He got up and left, leaving Tsireya and Rotxo to decide what to show the newcomers.

"You should come see the cove of our ancestors!" Tsireya smiled.

"Is that your spirit tree?" Dom asked, eager to see a new part of the reef. When Rotxo nodded, she turned to Neteyam with a bright smile. "Can I ride with you?"

"Always. You don't have to ask." He rubbed her knee. As the group maneuvered their way towards their ilus, Kiri hung to the back with her brother and Dom.

"So." Kiri began. "Since when were you two a thing?"

"Is it obvious?" Neteyam asked.

"Very. Only since yesterday though." Kiri noted, eyeing Dom. "You two confessed after the fight."

Dom and Neteyam shared a look before Dom responded. "Mhm. Someone got tired of waiting." She teased, poking Neteyam's shoulder. He playfully swatted her hand away.

"Wow. Am I the first to know?"

"Yeah. We wanted to let Dad cool off first before we shared the news." Neteyam explained, mounting his ilu. Dom climbed on behind him, hugging him from behind.

"That's probably for the best. You might've given him a heart attack if you said something last night." Kiri replied, helping Tuk onto the ilu.

"Are you ready?" Tsireya asked gently. Once she saw everyone nod, she began to lead them towards the cove. Dom clung tightly to Neteyam, her eyes looking at everything below the surface. Many schools of fish swam near them, their fins brushing against Dom's fingers.

She smiled, happy that something at the reef wasn't scared of her.

"We are here." Tsireya spoke, the beauty catching everyone's attention. "This is the cove of our ancestors. Our most sacred place."

"It's beautiful." Dom commented, looking up at all the floating stones surrounding the rock formation. 

"Eclipse is the best time to be here." Tsireya added, happy to see the smiles on everyone's faces. She gestured to the water, "Our spirit tree is down there. We will have to swim to reach it."

Slipping off Neteyam's ilu, Dom dived under first. She was followed by Neteyam, Kiri, and Tsireya. Rotxo waited for Tuk, the two following the others.

Dom followed Tsireya closer to the tree, her hands gently touching the light purple leaves. As everyone connected their queues to the tree, Dom swam around, admiring the sights.