04 .⋆. Oh, the Guilt

・゚゚・。 Dom's eyes fluttered open

・゚゚・。 Dom's eyes fluttered open. She didn't sit up, closing her eyes again as she recognized the feeling of her bed.

Memories of the night before rushed through her mind. She sighed, wrapping her blanket around her tighter. No more tears fell, a sign she had cried a lot last night.

In Neteyam's arms, because she did nothing to save her brother.

Ashamed, Dom was ready to fall back asleep. As she prayed to Eywa for more rest, Norm opened her door.

"Dom? You need to get up."

"I don't want to." She could barely recognize her own voice. Norm frowned at the sound of it. It was hoarse and showed how broken she felt.

"You need to. It's three in the afternoon." Norm tried to reason with her, setting a plate of food on her nightstand.

"I don't care." Dom replied, digging her head deeper into her pillow.

"Hey, come on kiddo." He gently rubbed her shoulder, trying his best to comfort her.

"I could've saved him." She whimpered, her body shaking again.

"You would've been captured too. No one could save him. But from what I heard, you saved Tuk." Her father figure tried to cheer her up, knowing Tuk was important to her.

"Lo'ak saved her." Dom avoided taking the credit. "I was just in the way."

"Dom stop. You did what you could."

"Please leave me alone." Her voice broke, her eyes watering. She heard Norm sigh, but he didn't fight her. When her door closed, Dom's strength broke, her sobs muffled by the pillow.

When her eyes opened again, Dom's clock read six in the evening. Her stomach growled, more hungry than ever.

Wrapping her blanket around her to keep out the cold, she crawled out of bed. As she passed her mirror on the way to the door, she stopped. Her hair was a mess and she had dark circles under her eyes. She touched one of the more noticable tear streaks but made no move to adjust her appearance.

Dom left her room, hoping to find the food Norm had left in her room somewhere in the kitchen. As she entered the room, she paused when she found the Sully's at the table with Norm and Max.

"Hey kiddo, how you feeling?" Max asked. Dom shrugged her shoulders, glancing at Norm.

"I'll grab you something to eat. You need to have some water too." Norm spoke, heading towards the fridge.

"You haven't ate anything yet?" Jake questioned. Dom shook her head.

"She wouldn't get up earlier." Norm replied, setting a plate of food on the table in front of the empty seat beside Max.

"She couldn't get up earlier. There's a difference and it's a completely normal part of the grieving process." Max corrected his friend as Dom sat down.