08 .⋆. Misfits

・゚゚・。 During eclipse, the ocean appeared even more magnificent

・゚゚・。 During eclipse, the ocean appeared even more magnificent. With her hair tied back, Dom followed her friends and Tsireya into the water. Their ilus waited for them, eager to swim. Tsireya and Lo'ak got to theirs first, the two beginning to swim off. Kiri and Tuk reached Kiri's ilu next, the girls following the future couple.

This left Dom to ride with Neteyam. Not that she minded, the girl happily getting on behind him. Neteyam gave her a grin, resting his hand on her thigh when his ilu took off after his siblings. Dom's face flushed at the gesture, knowing the boy did so to ensure that she wouldn't fall off. 

Under the water, everything seemed to glow. The plants, the sea life, even the freckles on the na'vi. When their ilus slowed so Tsireya could point out a school of fish, Dom gently traced the glowing freckles on Neteyam's arm. She felt him stiffen and she glanced at his face for reassurance. He glanced back at her and gently squeezed her knee before returning his attention to the fish.

Dom spared them a glance, admiring how they swam in sync with one another. She smiled as a few swam closer to her, their fins brushing against her skin.

Continuing on, the blonde admired the glowing coral, her fingers gently reaching out to touch it. She looked around, amazed at the sights around them. Dom loved the forest and the floating mountains, but they couldn't compare to what she saw now.

Later that week, the whole village had spent a part of the night at sea. Dom brought a pouch and a small knife with her to collect sea shells. The blonde sat on a rock near Kiri, who was playing with a school of fish. Dom watched in awe as the fish all followed her hand.

A shiny pearl caught her eye and Dom reached for it. She brought it closer to her mask, smiling at its beauty. Wanting to add it to her songcord to serve as a memory of their move, she slipped it into her pouch.

She swam down closer to the sand, grabbing a small sea shell. Tuk swam by her, the young na'vi smiling brightly as she compared the shell in Dom's hand to the one in hers. Dom grinned, happy to see Tuk enjoying herself. As the young girl swam towards her mother, Dom put the shell in her pouch.

Looking around, her eyes landed on Lo'ak and Tsireya. The two were swimming together, Lo'ak handing her a shell. Dom grinned, happy that her friend had found someone. Turning her head, she spotted Neteyam swimming closer to her. Dom pointed towards his brother, Neteyam's face breaking into a smile when he saw him.

They look cute together. He signed, something Tsireya and Rotxo had been teaching them.

They do. Dom signed back, a bright smile on her face.

Neteyam pulled a small shell out of his pouch, gently putting it in Dom's hand. For you.

Thank you. Dom smiled shyly, admiring the shell as she hoped the darkness hid the blush on her cheeks. Neteyam grinned to himself, catching the blush when a bright fish swam by. His heart swelled with happiness, glad that he was the one who had brought a blush to her face. Perhaps there was a chance that she felt the same.