12 .⋆. Dreams and Disasters

・゚゚・。 Dom and Kiri sat on the sand, dipping their toes in water

・゚゚・。 Dom and Kiri sat on the sand, dipping their toes in water. They had been sharing their favorite memories of Spider when Kiri's parents rushed past them.

"They don't look happy." Dom commented, watching them follow Lo'ak and Neteyam into the chief's hut.

"I wonder what happened." Kiri added. They kept their eyes on the hut for a few moments, waiting to see if anything would happen. Dom's eyes widened, seeing Jake drag Lo'ak out of the hut. Neytiri and Neteyam followed closely behind, the boy stopping to sit with Kiri and Dom.

"What happened?" Dom asked, resting her hand on top of Neteyam's.

"Lo'ak bonded with Payakan. They are spirit brothers now." He explained.

"The killer tulkun?" Kiri questioned. Neteyam nodded.

Dom turned her head to look at their hut, nervous for Lo'ak. "How much trouble is he in?"

"Probably a lot." Neteyam spoke, taking her small hand in his.

"I should go find Tuk. It's almost time for dinner." Kiri said, standing up. Spotting Tuk in the water with her friends, Kiri began walking away.

"How are you?" Dom asked, turning to face Neteyam.

He gently brought her bruised knuckles up to his lips, kissing them softly. "I am alright. How are you?"

"I'm good." She smiled, brushing a loose braid behind his ear. Neteyam smiled at her, gently rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"I'm sorry about this morning." He spoke, keeping eye contact.

"Neteyam it's okay. I forgave you awhile ago."

"I feel bad."

Dom smiled sadly at him, cupping his cheek. She rubbed her thumb along his cheekbone. Before she took her hand off his face, she gently brushed her fingers against his lips.

"Can I try something?" She asked. Neteyam nodded, looking down at their hands when she took hers back. He watched curiously as she took her mask off. Before he could panic and put it back on, she leaned closer and gently pecked his lips.

As Dom started to lean back, Neteyam leaned towards her and pressed his lips to hers again. He kissed her softly, as if she were glass. For Dom, she felt as though the world was spinning. She grasped onto his arms, mentally threatening to punch another rock if this was a dream. Neteyam hadn't expected her to kiss him in the first place, not that he was complaining. It was his dream come true.

He slowly pulled away, helping Dom put her mask back on.

"Hi." He whispered as she caught her breath.

"Hi." She smiled, a light pink dusting sketched onto her cheeks.

"I kind of want to try and talk my dad into letting us go back to the labs for a bit, just so I can do that more."