14 .⋆. Not Just a New Chapter

・゚゚・。 Dom's eyes fluttered open

・゚゚・。 Dom's eyes fluttered open. She blinked slowly, taking in her surroundings. She was in her hut, that much she knew. She carefully sat up, taking notice of the bandage. She looked around again, spotting Neteyam laying down not far from her. 

She began to stand, moving slowly over to him. Her body ached but she was determined to make sure that he was okay. She knelt down next to him, whispering his name.

His eyes opened slowly, widening when he realized she was next to him.

"Dominique? Are you okay?" He asked, grasping onto her hand.

"I feel tired, but I'm fine. How are you?" She asked, looking at the bandage that covered most of his chest.

"I think I'll be okay." He smiled softly, pulling her down to his level. Dom took the hint, laying down next to him with his hand in hers.

They both let their eyes close, content with being next to each other. 

The next time Dom's eyes opened was because someone was shaking her. She groaned, but opened her eyes anyway.

"You're okay!" Tuk grinned, Spider smiling from beside her.

"Spider?" Dom asked, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. From beside her, Neteyam smiled as he ate from the bowl of fruit his mother handed him.

"It's me." He grinned, pulling his little sister into a hug.

"I thought I lost you." Dom whispered, resting her head on his shoulder.

"You wish. It takes more than slipping in the mud to kill me." He teased.

"That's not funny." Dom replied, fighting the urge to smack her brother. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah. We're all good." Lo'ak replied, handing a bowl of fruit over to Dom. She gratefully took it, enjoying the taste of the fresh food. Dom set the bowl in her lap, letting Neteyam grasp her hand. She squeezed it gently as he did the same, letting one another know that they were okay.

— ✧ —

During eclipse, Neteyam and Dom sat on the bridge together, staring up at the stars.

"So Quaritch is dead? For good?" Dom asked.

"For good." Neteyam squeezed her hand.

"That's good. I'm glad." Dom smiled softly, pushing Neteyam's braids behind his ears. He smiled back at her. Dom took a deep breath before removing her mask.

Quickly, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. Neteyam moved his hands to grab hers, kissing her slowly. Dom smiled, taking one of her hands and cupping his cheek. He moved his to her knee, rubbing it gently.

Dom pulled back, putting her mask back on so she could catch her breath.

Wanting to say it again, Neteyam smiled to himself before speaking. "I see you."

Grinning, Dom replied. "I see you."

Neteyam pulled her closer, resting his head on top of hers. He was beyond relieved to know that she was safe. He was terrified when he saw her land in the water, but Tsireya was there and he couldn't leave Lo'ak.

He worried that she wouldn't be okay when he saw her next, but here she was, wrapped up in his arms.

Back in the forest, he had strongly believed that she had feelings for his brother. They spent so much time together that he never would've guessed that she had feelings for him.

"Neteyam?" Dom whispered, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?" He asked, wanting to make sure she was okay.

"Are we going back to the forest anytime soon?"

"I don't know." He replied honestly, running a hand through her hair. Dom hummed in response, tracing the stripes on his arm.

"I'm not sure if I want to go back." Dom commented.

"What makes you say that?" Neteyam asked, looking down at her. 

"This isn't just a new chapter for us, it's a new life. And this new life, well, it's starting to grow on me."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕋𝕨𝕠 ℍ𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕎𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖 | neteyam 🎉