Wise girl

"Wise girl?" Percy called he was shirtless, lying face down in a mess of Mis-matched blankets.

"What, seaweed brain?"

Percy could feel the steamy air floating from the bathroom,  indicating that his girlfriend was currently in the shower.

"How much longer?" He whimpered, pouting. His voice was muffled by the layers of blanket's, and even more so by the exhaustion settled in his throat.

Through the door she responded, "Could I have five minute of peace, please?" She asked. Her voice only slightly, and not truly irritated.

"But I want cuddles." Percy responded, pouting some more. Abruptly he heard the water in the bathroom shut off, and, in turn, his girlfriend getting out of the shower. He silently smirked to himself, works every time, he thought, smiling. Though he was mostly joking, he knew well that Annabeth didn't mind the thought.

"Seaweed Brian, will you hand me a towel?" Annabeth called, though she wasn't visible, Percy could tell she was standing directly behind the bathroom door.

Percy stumbled out of the bed and over to the closet, grabbing a plush white towel, then began to make his way to the bathroom door.

Percy rapped his hand against the wooden door lightly. "Here babe."

Annabeth open the door just a crack, and Percy passed the towel in while averting his gaze, she gently smiled, noticing the respectful sweet gesture.

Annabeth got dressed and made her way out of the bathroom, and into their shared bedroom, attired in biking shorts and one of Percy's sweatshirts.

Percy was watching a movie, a bowl of popcorn now, sitting his lap, annabeth took a cornel out of the bowl and popped it into her mouth. Percy suddenly moved the bowl and wrapped his arms around her waist, all the while stroking her curls lovingly.

He placed a gentle kiss on her lips, annabeth leaned forward into it, putting one hand on the top of Percy head, ruffling his hair, and the other one, around his neck.

Annabeth gently lay down, so that Percy head was resting in the crook of her neck. Hearing his breath go in and out evenly, she couldn't help think how lucky she was to have made it this far, alive and well, with her seaweed brain.

And they fell asleep just like that, sleeping peacefully in each other warmth.
———
Short and sweet
VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

Word count: 306