Later nights

A warning, the gets a little intense. Younger readers might want to skip this one.

Percy his hands to his face and sighed. He moved his fingers back and forth across his chin and eyes. He was so tired. But Annabeth wasn't home yet. And he wasn't going to bed, not before she got home. His back ached, his head hurt. And worst of all, he had no idea where his wife was.

He knew, that she could, at times, work late. But it was too late. Almost 4am. He felt a tear run down his cheek, warm, and salty, the tiny drop traced its way down his chin. Before he knew it, he had curled up into a ball. 'No, no' He thought rapidly. When I let my mind wonder. Oh no.

"Percy! Percy! Percy! Where are you! Percy help! Percy this is all your fault!"

"I should have let Ethan kill you."

Annabeths word echoed off the cavernous walls of Tartarus. Percy felt him self slowly sinking into the sand as annabeth clawed at him, Still screaming.

The scene changed.

Percy watched as camp half blood burned. Gaea rising. He saw the corpuses of his friends. Laying motionless, across the camps, once, lush grass. Flames danced along the perimeter of every building. The sky was dark. A dull mist covered the ground.

He again, saw annabeth. Only, a shell of her former self. Scars littered her face. "You failed me Percy. You failed."
He screamed, as a force pulled him across the scene, passed the body's, into and out of the woods, until he faced the lake. The force dragged him helplessly into the ice cold water.

He sobbed, as he realized his attempt to swim, was unsuccessful. The son of Poseidon clawed at the water.

The pain. The suffering. The death.
He, had caused this.
It was his fault.

—————————————————————————————————————————————-_____________________

Percy gasped, air escaping his mouth. His head buzzed, his thoughts echoing in his mind. 'Your fault'
He touched his face. Warm wet tears still fell.

He shook his head, sniffling, he noticed a hand rubbing up and down his back.

A familiar hand. Worn, and calloused, from years of fighting with a dagger. He felt strong, warm, arms encircle his waist. "I'm here seaweed Brain. I'm here"

With some effort, she helped him up and walked him over to their bed. She laid him down, kissing him lightly as she did so. "Fuck Tartarus." She muttered.

Gently, she lay down next to him, wrapping an arm over his chest. "Goodnight my love."
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey y'all! We are so close to 2k! Thanks to much! Ummmmm yeah :/. That's about it. Love y'all! Have the best day!
Edit: Thank you so much for 2K reads!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳
- Rene, daughter of Athena.