Chrismas 1

Hey guys! So basically, annabeths stepmother (Helen) is kinda, well, interesting, because we love that drama, :) just in this book in general, so yeah, that's kinda the idea of this chapter.
———
2:30pm
"Annie? Do boys have cooties?" Six year old Estelle asked.

Annabeth and Percy were back from college, on break.

The 20 year old thought for a moment, and then nodded, "Yep."

Percy, from the other side of the tiny plastic picnic table they were sitting at, pouted.

"That, is not true." He retorted playfully.

Estelle loved to draw, and so whenever the couple came over, Estelle drew with them, and showed off her favorite art pieces. "Percy, I'm pretty sure.." Annabeth responded, a smile still plastered on her face.

"Look, guys, I'm telling you, I don't have coooties!" Percy promised.

Annabeth glanced at Estelle, who shook her head firmly. Annabeth raised her hands surrendering, "I just listen to the boss." Annabeth answered, nodding her head slightly in Estelle's direction.

Suddenly, a buzzing sound erupted from the doorway. Annabeth raised an eyebrow, clearly confused.

Percy smirked, "Go get it," he waived his head in the direction of the door.

Estelle continued coloring, as annabeth walked toward the door she heard Estelle's giggles, indicating, percy had probably picked her up. He was truly such a good big brother.

Annabeth ambled toward the door, and set her hand on the cool, sliver knob. Her face full of confusion.

Twisting it, she opened the door to reveal, four faces, her dad, her step brothers, and her step mom, who did not look very happy to be there.

"Dad?" Annabeth gaped, staring at him, it had been three years. Her eyebrows narrowed, suddenly becoming aware of the situation.

Three whole years sense they'd spoken. Much less seen each other, "Can we come in?" Fredrick asked hopefully.

Annbeth nodded and stepped aside, still in shock, from the corner of her eye she noticed Percy and Estelle, entering in to the living room.

"Annabeth, dear, who was it?" Sally asked from the kitchen, she strolled in, clad in a sweater and jeans, wiping her hands in a dish towel, draped over her shoulder.

Sally stopped when she noticed who stood in the doorway.

But it was Percy who broke the silence. "I invited them- I thought maybe it would be good, for you to see them-?For the holidays?" He explained.

Walking toward Annabeths exasperated face, and draping an arm over her shoulders. "Can we talk?" Annabeth asked her boyfriend.

She led the both of them back down the hallways and toward an empty room. As she shut the door to Percy room quietly behind her, she turning to face her boyfriend.

"Seaweed brain, what you did, was so sweet, but, um, my dad, he try's- but, Helen, she hates me." She paused, leaning harder into the wall behind her. "Percy- I hate her."

"Wise girl, I Know, you haven't always had the best relationship, but, I think you owe it to them to try. Alright, family is worth it. You don't give up on them."

"Percy. I've chosen my family. You are my family."

Percy responded, wrapping Annabeth in a hug.

"Ok, stop, half of those people aren't even related to me! Percy, thank you for trying to be nice, but I am done, giving her second chances. She doesn't deserve them." Annabeth retorted.