To many more

New Year's Eve was always interesting. This year, Percy, and annbeth had been chosen to host the annual party with their friend group. Not that they were upset, both loved seeing the people they enjoyed being around most in the world.

Especially those who they didn't see as often. Thalia grace for example, and Reyna, as well who were off fighting on the hunt.

—————————————-
The doorbell rang, a high squeaky noise that practically gave Percy a heart attack.

He stumbled of his seat at the counter, he had been grading assignments. Him being a professor of marine study's at NYU, left him tired by this time most days.

Annabeth wasn't home yet. She usually came home much later than him.

The afternoon light streamed through the windows, Percy found his way around his kitchen island where he had been seated, and forward toward the apartment door.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." Percy grumbled rubbing his face. He turned the doorknob, and the door swung open with a squeak.

To the son of Poseidons surprise, the hallway was empty.

"SURPIRSE!"

Two figures jumped out from either side. Thaila, and Reyna's faces were lit with joy. Percy broke out into a grin. "You guys weren't supposed to be here until later tonight!"

"Yeah, well lady Artemis let us off early." Reyna responded, patting Percy on the shoulder, "Good to see you perce." She walked past him, inside the apartment.

"Pinecone face" He grinned. Thaila took a step forward, smiling warmly as she did so.

The daughter of Zeus, was attired in skinny black ripped jeans, and a white puffy winter jacket. Her piercings were all matching in silver tones.

"Kelp head" His cousin's excitement matched his. They hugged, embracing each other warmly.

"Gods I missed you, where's my little sis?" Thaila asked. Her face was still bright with excitement.

Her bright, electric, blue eyes circled around the room looking for Annabeth.

Percy nodded, licking his lips before responding, "Yeah, I'm pretty boring anyway. Your lil sis, is running her multi million dollar company."

Thaila jaw dropped. She ignored Percy's comment, "I swear Jackson, I live your two alone for what? I mean like I knew she had a company, but- 5 months? I come back and Annabeths the new Jeff bezos? What you all got some kids around here too?" Thaila asked playfully, slapping Percy's arm, peering around the apartment.

"Yep, three little ones taking a nap." He nodded. His face perfectly sincere.

She stared blankly, confused. "Now when I said that-

"Just kidding, welcome home cuz"

He smiled, wrapping an arm his friend and walking her into the living room.

"We've got a ton to catch you two up on"

"Thank the gods." She muttered under her breath.

——————————————————-

Annabeth groaned. She loved her job. She had worked so, so, so hard at this job.

She loved her job. She rubbed her face up and down with her hand, groaning. She sat in her office chair. Overall, she was privileged in the sense that her build was ginormous, and her office, was the same.

Her desk sat at the back of the room. Behind her, a wall of floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the skyline of New York.

Her desk was messy with blueprints and sketch's.
But right now what wanted most of all was to go home.