Chrismas 2

Annabeth chase POV

"What are on earth are you too doing?"

A voice broke to silence of early morning. Daylight streamed through the slightly parted curtain, initially, in my sleepy haze, I didn't realize the voice was directed at me. So, I just stretched, then discomfort seemed to begin to seep into my peace state. I knew that voice, I hated that voice.

Helen stood over Percy and me, a scowl plastered across face, she looked genuinely looked disgusted.

Hold on, Wait I want to give some background real quick, I do not consider myself to be a mean person. But I hate Helen, she hates me, she has ever since I met her, quietly of course. Never in front of my dad.

But, honestly, after everything I've been through, the wars I've fought, the battles I've won, and lost. And to come back and still have this women being abuse to me, makes my blood boil.

I don't want to make a scene. I don't want cause drama. And for that reason, Percy, is the only person who knows the truth. I don't need the sad excuse for a human being standing over me right now, being my "mom". I need her to jump off a cliff.

I slept well, I always sleep better when I'm with Percy, it's hard to describe. I just feel, safe.
I don't think there's any other way to say it, opposite to Helen, Percy makes me feel strong, first person to do so in a while anyway, but continuing, I'm pretty comfy right now.

I'm wearing one of Percy's sweatshirts and trying not to punch Helen in the face, I still haven't turned to face Helen yet, because, why should I? Percy kisses my forehead, and grins up at Helen.

"Good morning to you too, Helen." He said so cheerfully, for a second I question him actually being happy to see her.

"You two, should be ashamed of your self's" she stares, her eyes like daggers. So blatantly discussed by sleep, I really don't get her. Of course, I know what she's assuming, But let's keep this PG.

I was kidding! Oh my gods, we weren't doing that! Stop, this is annoying now.

I start back, confused. "Are you against people sleeping on couches now? Because last I checked, you were the one who-

"You know what I'm talking about" Helen cut in.

I stood up. Sighing. "Is it sleeping? Is that where I went wrong. I shouldn't have slept, got it. I muttered sarcastically.

"You two are disgusting, and know very well what you were doing." Helen declare.

I sighed. "Merry Christmas to you too."

I sniffed, while Helen scowled,  at that moment both Bobby and Mathew emerged from their room.

"See! Look what you did now! You woke that boys up!" Helen shouted. I just stated at her, confused.

"First you choose Estelle as your favorite, and now you're ignore and disturbing their sleep schedule! I can't believe you!"

I just sighed, and shook my head in disbelief. It really was always my fault. That's when Percy stood up, Helens nose was scrunched. Her face pressed up to mine.

Yet, my mouth hung open, choosing Estelle as my favorite? I mean was true, I still loved my step brothers, they had don't nothing wrong, but, I barely saw them! This was so completely unfair. At this point she seemed to be trying her hardest to find at problems remotely possible, and make them my fault.

I should have stood up to her then, told her to leave, and not to come back. But I didn't. Percy sighed, gently part between us, walking toward the kitchen.