Late nights

"You've been pretty quiet" Percy questioned, it was late. Around 11pm, both he and annabeth were ready to curl up in bed.

She sighed in response, "just tired" Percy raised an eyebrow at that. But nodded. Percy tugged off his shirt, and collapsed into bed. Meanwhile, annabeth stood by the tall, floor to ceiling window, that took up that wall opposite the couple's bed.

"Annabeth, you can talk to me." Percy started, "what's on your mind?" 

That's when it happened, a tear. A single tear rolled down annabeth's face. Annabeth chase didn't cry. She just didn't, so in the excessively rare case that it did happen. You knew, it was serious. "Oh, wise girl." Percy picked her up, bridal style, cradling her in his arms loving.

He gently placed her on the bed, the only light came from the moon, shining in through the window. She allowed him to wrap her in a warm blanket. The soft blue cloth was comforting.

His strong arms were so reassuring and familiar. Everything about him was just so safe, and comforting. Percy laid his back to the sheets, and gently pressed annabeth down on his chest. Neither of them said a word. Percy knew not to rush her. And annabeth in turn, new she could take her time. They fell asleep like that, both feeling so content, tangled up together.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"You failed me Annabeth. This was all your fault ." Luke's voice echoed. "You could have saved me. But, you chose him."

Annabeth gasped, sitting up fast. She sighed. Biting her lip. She glanced at the clock, 3am. New York's early, early morning traffic was evident, just as always. The beeps, and honks, of manhattan's citizen's below, filled annabeths ears.

She was rattled by her dream, she felt disappointed, in herself mostly, for not thinking of him for so long, he had been her only family. And, despite that, she had still forgiven him after everything. But had he? She really couldn't be sure.

She hated the way that her Brain was programmed to automatically overthink everything. Constant headaches, what she wouldn't give for some permanent ibuprofen. And there was her ADHD,  aiding the wondering that caused this mess.

She wished it would all just go away. 

An arm rolled over her side. Her cheeks flushed red, she sigh once more. "We cool to talk yet?" Percy murmured sleepily, "what's happening isn't the brilliant mind of yours?"

"A lot"

"Want to talk about it?" Percy wondered aloud.

"Nope"

"Good talk" he smiled.
And once again, they fell into the peaceful void of sleep.
Well, somewhat peaceful.