Brooklyn in long island (2)

Percy Jackson POV

"Percy, would you quit bringing your new girlfriends back here, please?" Annabeth groaned lazily from her spot on the couch.

"Very funny," I muttered, I had unlocked the door, and warned Annabeth about our company, before I walked in, and rushed over to her.

Behind me, trailed my student, Brooklyn.

As I approached the couch, I placed the bag down firmly in front of my wife. "Food." I pointed at the bag, "You will eat. And, Will is going to be here in 20."

She stuck her tongue out at me. And I tilted my head, "I'm going to drop her off at camp, okay?" I asked, "I'll be back soon."

Before I could turn back toward the door,  she muttered, "Wait."

I turned again, to see Annabeth hoisting herself up. "Who's the chick?" She asked, paying no attention, and rummaging through the bag, which was now set on the couch next to her.

"Oh, umm- well, I guess you'll be seeing each other around camp." I said slowly processing, "Brooklyn, meet my wife. This is Annabeth."

Brooklyn smiled, shaking her head up and down, not impressed. "Annabeth meet Brooklyn, my student." 

Annabeth's raised an eyebrow at me.

After knowing a woman like Annabeth, for over a decade, you tend to be able to have wordless conversations. They will silent, and painful, and usually very emotional, they also tend to confuse People who don't know you, or her as well, really anyone around, so caution. Anyways, our conversation went something like this:

Annabeth: You're not fucking serious.

Me: Umm? I'm just driving her to camp.

Annabeth: Sure.

I stared at her, conversations like that tend to happen over the span of about .5 seconds, mentally of course. "Have fun," She muttered, as she walked past us to the fridge, grabbing my phone, which was lying on the table, and pressing  into my chest.

I nodded, and maybe rolled my eyes a little bit, i knew she was having a bad day, "Brooklyn, I'll meet you outside. I muttered, as she silently nodded, turned on her heel, and walked out, clearly noticing the tension.

As soon as Brooklyn had walked out, I trudged over to Annabeth. She was standing by the fridge,  opening a can of ginger ale. She sniffled.

Before she could say anything, I circled my arms around her. "It's okay." I whispered into her soft, cushion of beautiful blond curls. "I love you."

I could feel her shivering and trembling. "I'll be back real soon, okay? And I know you didn't want to see Will, but, you might not get better otherwise."

I knew her well.

Annabeth Chase was easily comparable to a locked door, she felt deeply, like any other normal human, the difference was with her, she had trained her self to endear, and shove everything down. Too much abuse and pain caused her to bleed herself dry emotionally, but deep down, like anyone else, she was very, very insecure. And maybe worse than that, she hated to talk about that with anyone.

I separated from her, and kissed her, hard. She was visibly tearing up, as I stared into her stormy grays. They were full of concern, and relief, as I had no doubt, mine were as well.

I squeezed her hand one final time, before walking toward the door. "Percy-"

I turned, patiently waiting for her to finish. "Just be- safe okay? And-"