Brooklyn from brooklyn (1)

Buckle up people, an excessively long story lays ahead.
————
Brooklyn Singh POV

Serious what the hell. In the last few days I, have seen it all. Literally one moment I'm sitting in my 101 marine biology class, and the next I'm getting attacked by a demon bird. Thanks a lot.

So basically, what happened, was that I go to a school for 'special' kids. You know the one your headmaster keeps a pamphlet advertising, for in his desk drawer. Yep that's me, the special needs kid.

That's the thing though, everyone just automatically assumes I'm stupid, just because of my school name, we're famous around the Brooklyn area, just not for the right reasons.

St. Augustine's takes all the troubled kids, the ones Juvie didn't want, or you're just unlucky enough to have ADHD and stupid enough to steal a couple of off brand iPhones. Oops, that last part's kinda my fault.

So, that's that I guess, really I don't mind much, see I've grown up with these kids here, that's why college was such a big change for me. That's what I was saying about being underestimated, because somehow, I managed to land a spot a New York university. And despite what others may think, I actually miss my old school, sure we'd seen tough times, but I'd never forget that place.

But this story isn't about my old school, it's about my new one. Or, more so, someone I met at my new school.

My first day of class was just a mess. Okay, I've always been infatuated with the ocean. Call me a nerd, but something about it was just, always so compelling. So, when it came time to choose a major, I thought, why not go the not sitting in a cubicle for the rest of my life route. Marine biology it was.

The day started fine, I stumbled out of my messy, dorm, which I shared with two different girls. Gross. A business major, and a nutrition major, yeah, Yikes.

Okay, moving on, I grabbed my coat which was hanging next to the door, and pulled it on while walking out the door. To be honest the weather was different, at best, raining, foggy, clouds all bunched up. Like the sky couldn't decide what exactly it wanted.

Campus was wet, and muddy, and I walked through puddle, after puddle to get to the white stoned building, lined with brick, and large windows. The large glass door swung opened, as I pulled it, and inside was a maze of different hallways.

I am one to constantly be late, I don't know what it is, but suddenly it became apparent that I was in fact going to be late. I pulled out my ID, which on the back, yesterday, I had written a copy of my schedule and the room numbers each class was located in, on.

In a hurry, I sprinted down a hallway panicking. Because truthfully, I didn't know how big an 8am marine biology class, would be.

What if the class was small, and the teacher remembered us all personally the next week? I really wanted to make a good impression. To my shock, the door I pulled on was not locked. Back at my old school, they used to lock the doors, precisely, at the time class started.

Inside, a man about my age stood, his face full of confusion. We both just stood there for a moment, before the guy blinked, raising an eyebrow. "Are you going to come in?"

He asked, his green-ish, blue eyes mixed with concern. I, horrified, realized that I had been standing and staring for a minute or so.

The man stood as still as a statue, still blinking, the more I looked at him, the more I realized how young he was. Though he didn't at all look nervous. "Okay, should close the door, like, whats's happening?"

I anxiously throw the door open fully, and walked passed him awkwardly, throwing my bag, over my shoulder quickly as I did so, I shuffled to my seat, grimacing, as I squeezed through the already occupied seats.