Kirari and Sayaka

Everyone stared intently at the two toddlers and held their breaths, waiting for something to happen.

Sayaka looked around with big dark violet eyes and a slightly open mouth. She did not appear to remember that Kirari was right behind her and made a small noise of discontent when the Kitsune Queen was no where in sight.

Tears welled up in her eyes and her lips trembled and her hands fisted into balls.

"Oh nonononono—" Kirari started as she tried to get Sayaka's attention.

Too late.

The toddler burst into tears and started to wail loudly. Everyone yelped and backed away as the wine glasses shattered as Sayaka continued to cry.

Kirari hurriedly lifted Sayaka up, facing her, smirking.

Sayaka's eyes widened and she made let out a happy squeal, arms reaching out towards Kirari, who embraced her.

"You're so cute," Kirari mused as she kissed her wife's forehead. Sayaka wrapped her tiny arms around Kirari's neck, resting her head on her shoulder.

Just then, Yumemi let out a scream.

Mary had bitten off a lock of her hair and was yearning for more.

"That monster is tearing out my hair!" Yumemi shrieked. "Get away from me! Ew! Don't spit it out on the floor! You should be selling those precious strands for money!"

"Mary! Stop!" Ririka exclaimed as she grabbed Mary and sat her down on her lap, patting her head gently. This action seemed to calm the restless toddler immensely, though she continued to eye Yumemi's hair with interest.

"Great! This is all your fault!" Yumemi cried, glaring at Midari accusingly. "Now we have a crybaby and a psycho baby!"

"Hey! It's not my fault those weirdos drink from each other's glasses! It was supposed to be Kirari and Ririka!" Midari protested. "That thing I put in their drinks was supposed to make them shed their fur and turn them bald! I don't know why this is happening instead!"

"Oh?" Kirari chuckled. "You mean my wife could've turned bald?"

"And mine?" Ririka added.

"Well eh...lucky I put in one wrong ingredient. It switched the recipe to a whole new one..."

Kirari's eyes flashed. "Midari, you..."

She paused and looked down at Sayaka who had tugged at her sleeve.

"Yes?"

Sayaka tilted her head, wide violet eyes staring at blue ones turned tender. Then in one smooth motion, she leaned forward and gave the Kitsune Queen a soft small kiss on the cheek.

Kirari's eyes were wide and a small blush spread across her face as she stared at the toddler with fascination.

Meanwhile, Sayaka laid her head back on her Kirari's shoulder and proceeded to fall asleep.

Kirari stared at her wife for a good 10 more minutes before she looked back up, smiling slightly.

"Bravo, Midari."

*****

Sayaka wandered around the palace corridors, ignoring the Kitsune Queen that followed behind her.

After a few more moments, she finally stopped in front of the library. She squealed excitedly and tried to push open the doors...

...but she was vertically and physically challenged, and thus the stubborn doors did not budge.

The toddler sat down and turned around to look at Kirari with tears in her eyes, pointing to the door.

Kirari's heart melted at the sight of the adorable toddler with round eyes and took a few second to compose herself before picking her up into her arms.

With a swish of her arm, Kirari opened the doors to the coveted place effortlessly.

The doors opened to reveal a magnificent multi-storey library, which Kirari had built specially for Sayaka when they started dating.

It was one of Sayaka's favourite places in the palace, other than the lily garden of course.

Sayaka's eyes shined and her tiny mouth opened in surprise.

Natural sunlight streamed into the library through the glass windows, illuminating the room and accentuating the presence of the small crystals in the library that were interwoven into small plants.

There were luxurious couches and coffee tables all around as well as the occasional wooden ladder at some areas that had tall shelves, though the books could be magically drawn to one's hand should he or she wishes it to.

Sayaka clapped her hands with jubilance and hopped off Kirari's arms, running with her tiny legs around the library, admiring every corner of it, even though the library had a circular shape and there were no corners.

Kirari chuckled softly as she watched Sayaka act very much like a child just like when Kirari first revealed this place to her, though in this circumstance, she was a child.

'I suppose I'll have to give Midari a little reward later,' Kirari thought. 'I wonder how Riri is doing with that blonde animal. Hopefully Mary doesn't bite off her hair as well.'