The Greenhouse

Sumika used her Kitsune senses to sniff around for Mary's scent. That darn toddler was always going around causing trouble.

Between dealing with this and Sayaka's crying, she would rather deal with Kirari's precious crybaby.

"Her scent is practically non-existent," Erimi groaned. "Sayaka's too. I guess that's one of the many advantages of being the mates of the Momobami twins."

"And a disadvantage for us," Sumika sighed. "I guess opposites really do attract each other. Our shy Ririka with obnoxious Mary and our cold-hearted Kirari with crybaby Sayaka."

"If you say that to them, you'll be turned into Kitsune mincemeat."

"Anyway...how are we——" Sumika froze. Her ears shifted upwards as she heard the faint sound of the tearing of plants.

"Not my Astrantia 'Roma' from Europe..." she gasped.

Erimi shuddered as Sumika's eyes narrowed and her mouth opened to reveal her fangs.

The actress absolutely adored her flowers, especially those from Europe. Although her temper was nothing compared to Kirari's, (when she found out that her precious wife's moon lilies were eaten by a certain masochist) she was still a force to be reckoned with—and certainly not to be taken lightly.

"Saotome! Or Momobami...whatever...! If you're tearing my precious flowers for fun, I'll kill you!" Sumika snarled. She turned to Erimi. "She's on the west side of the greenhouse, come on!"

*****

Mary giggled as she ate Sumika's precious flowers, chewing them with her strong teeth before spitting them out. It was a shame, these Great Masterworts weren't as satisfying to chew as her magic handkerchief, but they'll do for now.

*****

Sumika and Erimi rushed into the west side of the greenhouse, panting heavily. So filled with urgency were they that they forgot to just teleport inside.

Sumika let out a bloodcurdling scream as she witnessed the pile of flowery waste beside Mary.

Mary grinned at Sumika as she bit into the stalk of another flower—this time a rose—effortlessly and chewed it before spitting it out onto the pile.

"M-M-MASSACRE!" Sumika screamed. "You little monster! How could you?!" She lunged at the blond culprit, only for Erimi to hold her back.

Erimi lost balance and her eyes widened in fear as she and her cousin fell straight into the pile of flower "corpses".

"Ew!" Erimi cried. "This is disgusting!"

Mary's eyes narrowed and she let out an angry shout at the sight of the flattened pile of flowery waste.

"Oh don't you give me that!" Sumika growled as she threw Erimi off of her. "You have no right to be angry at us crushing your pile of...wonderful flower corpses! If you weren't Ririka's mate..."

Mary stuck out her tongue and continued to munch on another rose.

"DARN KID!" Sumika yelled as she used magic to tip the rose away from the toddler. "Stop killing my flowers!"

Mary stared at Sumika, open-mouthed, before she gritted her teeth and tears sprung to her eyes.

Mary burst into angry tears at having her flower taken away from her. She kicked her legs angrily and pounced onto the actress, biting off a few strands of her hair.

"Ow! Damn it! Stupid kid!" Sumika frantically used magic to subdue the toddler—it was a miracle that she hadn't thought to do that earlier—and got rid of the pile of waste.

Erimi rubbed her head, where she hit it on the ground when her cousin threw her previously.

The three creatures—one human and two Kitsunes—stared at each other for a long time.

Suddenly, Erimi heard a loud crack from the ceiling of the greenhouse. She whipped her head to the Southwest part of the greenhouse only to see crack lines appearing near the hole that Mary had caused when she bit into the ceiling to get in.

Without hesitation, Sumika grabbed Erimi and bolted out of the greenhouse with her cousin and cousin-in-law.

To her horror, right after they ran out, the greenhouse proceeded to shatter and collapse, with shards of glass scattering everywhere.

"NO! My plants!" Sumika cried.

The trio watched the magnificent greenhouse collapse, with some big shards of glass crushing the plants.

Sumika turned to Mary with an enraged expression, about to give a tongue lashing when——

A loud cry was heard from inside the estate, followed by the shattering of glass.

Erimi let out a sound of frustration and flopped back onto the ground.

Sayaka had woken up.