Help

Terano cursed as she received a long list from Kirari on how to babysit the two toddlers.

"First rule, no cursing," Terano said, gritting her teeth in annoyance. "My precious Sayaka's ears shall not be polluted by your foul words. You may save those vulgarities for Mary."

Terano looked over at the list Yumi held in her hands, given by Ririka.

"Please kindly save your vulgarities for someone other than Mary. I dare not say who but I trust that you know who I'm talking about," Yumi read. "I guess we just have to not cuss then."

"Humph, at this rate we can't do anything with these two around. There are 1000 rules from Kirari and Ririka each."

Terano sighed. "If this starts to get out of hand, I'll have to ask for help. Meanwhile, we should......"

A whimper broke her out of her thoughts.

Terano and Yumi turned their heads sharply to where Mary was biting Sayaka's hair. The violet-haired toddler's eyes were filled with tears and her lips trembled.

"Oh no, don't——" Yumi said as she frantically picked Sayaka up and started to sway her around in the air to calm her down.

Sayaka giggled and kicked her legs in the air happily before she looked down and realised how far she was from the ground.

"Yumi, quick! Put her on my lap, she's scared of heights."

Yumi scurried over and placed Sayaka on Terano's lap gently, patting her head.

Sayaka looked up at Terano curiously, letting out an elated laugh.

The wheelchair they were both on broke and sent them tumbling to the ground.

"What the—Terano! Sayaka! What happened?!" Yumi exclaimed.

As she rushed to their aid, her eyes widened in shock as she witnessed Mary biting the wheelchair, further breaking it into several pieces.

"What—how is she so strong?!" Yumi screeched as she lifted Mary from the ground and moved to place her on the couch——

——before realising that she had chewed the couch in half.

And for the first time ever, Yumi Totobami fainted from shock.

Terano grunted as she hurriedly tried to soothe Sayaka. The last thing they needed right now was for several things in the room to shatter.

"Damn...I better call for back up," she mumbled. "Who should I call though?"

She reached for her phone, scanning through her list of contacts before her eyes settled on one.

Hirabayashi Vani.

Terano's Kitsune ears twitched as she tried to remember who that was.

Ah, Sayaka's cousin. A powerful sorceress who could no doubt help her with all this.

Terano was broken out of her thoughts as Sayaka took the phone from her.

She stared at it curiously before tapping on Vani's contact and calling her.

"Hello?" A voice from the other end said after a while.

Sayaka giggled. "Bah-ni...dahni...Vani..."

Vani let out a surprised squeak before sighing. "Oh, it's you. Did you drink alcohol? You know your body doesn't react well with it. What are you doing with Terano's phone anyway?"

"Vani..it's Terano," Terano said, her voice strained with pain as the wheelchair continued to crush her legs with its weight. "I'll tell you the details later. Could you come over? We're in a crisis."

"Sure," the sorceress said. "Really, you guys can just summon me. What's the point of having phones when you have magic?"

"We have...human business in the human world, now please get your ass here."

"Whoa, you must be in a lot of trouble to cuss."

"Vani...!"

"Okay! Chill! I'm here."

A swirl of golden mist appeared in the room and cleared to reveal the half-Japanese, half-Indian sorceress with midnight black hair and shimmering golden eyes.

She took one look at the room and let out a whistle.

"You guys really fucked up here, huh?"