Nozomi Komabami

"Hey, what's this? I don't know how—"

"You're the most forgettable Momobami person, so if anything happens...just don't say anything," Miyo scoffed. "Alright, bye now."

The young Kitsune with dark brown hair and hazel eyes furrowed her signature thick eyebrows. She was always looked down upon the other Momobamis for not being a formidable gambler.

The Komabami Head sighed. At least she was taking care of the Momobamis that she liked.

A pressure on her shoes snapped Nozomi out of her thoughts.

Looking down, she was astonished to see Sayaka standing on her shoes and hugging her legs. It seems that the toddler sensed her distress and was attempting to comfort her.

"You're...comforting me?" Nozomi said in disbelief as she felt her cheeks redden slightly.

The toddler responded with a "Nomi".

Nozomi picked Sayaka up gently, smiling as the toddler lay her head on her shoulder comfortably.

Meanwhile, Mary continued to lie on the front porch and snore loudly.

"Oh geez," Nozomi sighed. She used her Kitsune tails to pick the blonde up and placed her on her dogs back.

"Come on Innu, let's head inside in case some wild Komooses mistake Mary's snoring as one of their own calling for help."

*****

Sayaka toddled around the house, picking up any object she could teach and examining it before placing it back down.

Nozomi had Innu watch the toddler carefully lest she pick up something dangerous, like a weapon. After all, every Momobami estate had to have weapons.

Innu used his tail to pick up a burning candle and place it elsewhere before Sayaka could reach it. The toddler's eyes lit up as the candle appeared to levitate on its own to a shelf. She pointed at it and babbled some words, pouting when the dog nudged her to go somewhere else.

Just as she was about to cry however, Innu hastily handed her a giant teddy bear.

The toddler squealed and hugged the stuffed animal, giving it a small kiss on its head.

Mary awoke at her friends loud squeal and her eyes shined at the sight of Innu.

In a flash, Nozomi grabbed Mary and held her back desperately as the toddler lunged at the dog, intending to chew his fur.

"Run, Innu!" the Komabami head yelled.

The dog retreated away hurriedly.

Mary glared at Nozomi furiously. How dare she snatch away such a golden opportunity to chew on dog fur for the first time?!

Fortunately, Sayaka distracted her friend by beckoning her over to hug the teddy bear.

"No chew," she warned as Mary came running.

Nozomi took a picture as the two adorable toddlers gave the teddy bear a big loving hug.

Even though she was the worst gambler, at least she had the best luck.