Chapter 1

This is my home. I thought as I was being driven away from it. I can't cry because I knew this was coming. But the sadness in me was there. I cannot focus but lookout the window and wonder what would have been different if that day never came. At least I sm going somewhere somewhere familiar. My aunt was glancing at me one in a bit to see if I was ok or something. I would like to change but I can't do anything about it. A new life, in a new city awaits me.

The wound is still fresh. My parents got into an accident, not that long ago and died in the hospital. I am gong to live with my aunt and uncle in a big city. I am not scared of the change, but it isn't pleasant to leave the place I knew well, it is a big change for me. I need to stay positive somehow for ym new guardians. My aunt had married a business man and he is definitely rich, but he is nice overall. I have to change schools, I will go to a private somewhat expensive school, I could ave gone to a public one but my new family had chosen for me to try this school but if something I can always change to a public one.

The trees, house, people, cars we passed, the more I grew to feel sadder knowing I cam going further away from my childhood home. I can't change things but I am glad I have aunt and uncle. I will forever be grateful to them for taking me under their roof. The car ride is silent, well kind of, the radio is turned on but the volume isn't very high but enough to hear everything. The weather is cloudy perfect for the mood of mine. We have to travel at least a few hours from my city to the new city I am going to be living. We eventually took a halfway stop at a gas station so that we could go to the bathroom and buy coffee, my aunt bought for herself, I didn't anything besides the bathroom business. We got to the car and continued our journey.

Soon we reached the suburbs of the city. We are almost here. I am a bit nervous. I haven't seen my uncle in a long time. No idea how he looked like now. I feel like he hasn't changed much. I've seen him first on the wedding day of theirs. Then a few times they had visited us. But my aunt is the one who would visit us like a few times a month, he usually had business to attend but I would see him once a year at last. They have no kids, not even wanting to have any and I feel like I am just barging in their lives and I would feel guilty living in their home and I feel like I am a bother to them. Thought my aunt had reassured me many times I am not. I don't really believe her. I want to believe her. I am lost. My normal life was taken from me but I am not thinking that living with them will be bad, not at all. Just a change that is it.

We drove into the city fully, the city is very big, I have never been to their place, let alone this city, well not entirely true as I had traveled here with school. But I will be living here. Comparably to my small city I grew up, this is very big difference. We turned to the street where they lived. It was a secured with a gate like entrance to it, we are definitely in the rich side of the country where people live. How rich is my uncle? We stopped at a house, it was fairly big, comparably to my own house this one is big. The gate of the house opened up as my aunt pressed a button somewhere and we drove in. Parked the car and we finally got out. My uncle got out of the house. Walked up to us and hugged me and later kissed his wife on the cheek. He got my suitcase and we got inside the house, other items had arrived here yesterday as they told me. I got a tour of the entire house. They had a pool, a pool! This is luxury for me. Walked to the second floor where I was being shown to my room, it had a separate bathroom and a small, very small walk in closet. They left me alone in the room, I sat down on the edge of the bed. This is it. My place I am going to be living for at least two years until I will graduate high school, go study something after, no idea what.

I will be having lunch with them. I got downstairs to the kitchen and then to the backyard to the patio. The table was served up, the food was ready and we ate it in silence. They got a chef to do this meal because my aunt couldn't cook, cause she was picking me up. But I do know my aunt likes to cook mostly, the chef is hired only if very needed or they just call food services to deliver their meals sometimes. Like I said my uncle is a businessman and is rich. The meal was very good, I thanked them for it.