Chapter 3

This morning was very productive and weird as it was a productive one. I woke up naturally pretty early, got ready, worked out and ate breakfast. After that I read a book in my room and had even finished it. I had nothing else to do and I felt like reading a new book but I don't have any anymore, so to the bookstore it is I guess. I have a book or books in mind I should check out and see which one I want to read first or even just get all of them but maximum of three, I could push four books but I think one or two should be enough as I am not much a reader but once I have nothing to do reading seems like a great way to spend my time, especially if the weather is bad and I am all alone.

I got ready to leave, my aunt was working in the house and I told her where I was heading, she did offer to give me a ride but I refused and just told her I wanted to take a walk with music flooding my ears. I walked down the street to the bus stop. I wasn't rushing. Although I really should have as my earliest bus was about to leave and the next one was in half an hour. I realized it and started to run which was a bad decision as it was not to check the bus arrival times. My luck vanished even further away as I was running, I wasn't looking and I collided with a person, thankfully whoever it was did not let me land on the ground and held my forearm sturdy. I was a goner with the bus.

"I am so sorry I wasn't looking. I am running late to my bus." I knew how stupid it sounded to run to the bus stop and talk both it in such rich side of the neighborhoods. He didn't laugh or commented on it. He looked handsome and young, perhaps my age even.

"No need to apologise, I was standing in the way of the path. I know this seems weird but I could offer you a ride to your destination since you will miss your bus." He offer and indeed it was a strange offer as we were just stranger but a feeling in me told me to trust him and I accepted his offer. He walked to the house nearby we were standing walked to the garage of it and pulled up with a fancy looking car, the house was bigger than ours for sure. I sat in the front next to him, I told him the address of the bookshop and he typed the address to his phone which led us to the place. Apparently he also wanted to head a similar way and even asked me if after my books hoping and his trip we could meet in a nearby cafe which I again had agreed to. at first I really had no idea why I was agreeing to all of this but then it daunted on me, the way I was nervous round him, the way my heart beat faster and why I liked him so much, I got a crush on him, the first person ever I had one and it was him and I haven't even learned his name nor he has my own. The coffee date, no, not a date, I'll ask him.

The bookshop was a new looking one. Once I got in I knew which sections to look thought. I found my first book I wanted to buy and it was the one I was truly looking for, then found two more but chose between the two and settled on one, two books were bought, I had a bit more time before our meet time, so I aimlessly looked around the other books and had thought of which ones I would buy next if that next time will come. I might read the two books for the rest of the year or at least half of it for sure. The time almost has come to the time we agreed on and I left the bookstore and walked to the other side of the street to the coffee shop. I even spotted his car which surprisingly I had remembered.

I got inside the place and I saw him sitting in a corner, I walked up to him and sat down opposite of him.

"Hey."

"Hello."

"We should order something, shouldn't we?" I asked. He nodded and we both went to the barista to get our orders in, we got back to the seats to wait for our coffees.

"I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Camila Lopez."

"How rude of me too. I am Samuel Rodriguez."

We chatted just for a bit before we had to take our coffees and we got back to talking. I learned he goes to the same school I will be attending. At least I'll know someone, my crush. I did tell him I moved here recently although never specified why and he never questioned me on the reasons. Samuel slightly mentioned about his parents as I did with my guardians, never specify who they really are to me. I don't feel comfortable to detail more of my life for now. His family was rich. He looked so confident, while I felt so much out fo his league already. Slightly afraid what his status is in school, especially since he mentioned he plays in the school's football team. He is very likely to be popular. Did I really just fell for a popular kid? Funny. He definitely doesn't like me back. I am too plain. I am sure he has many girls walking behind him and trying to get his attention.