Chapter 16

After yesterday I do feel a lot better, had the sleep I needed. This morning wasn't so awful and the start of school was nice. I was excited for lunch since I would tell the girls about the weekend and if they had any plans. Besides I do really just want to talk to them. Both uncle and aunt drove me to school, both needed to go to the same building so took the same car and were able to get me to school. So far things have been good but we all know by now that my life doesn't go too good for long.

The first lesson was not fun, math. I am not super good at it and so it makes it difficult to like. The teacher though is a blessing in this class, she is a nice person. First time having such math teacher really. Because I had taken a nap yesterday and had a good night sleep, I was veyr focused on the first class of the day. Today I was determined to have a good day. I have good news. Luciana followed me on my social medias and she texted me a good morning which I replied wishing her the same. I am genuinely feeling happiness.

Second lesson I am alone without any of my friends still. It was a very chill lesson, we barely did anything, the teacher seemed not to be in the mood to do a lot of work and makes us do barely much today which is nice. I stayed on my phone more or less in the class, many students were and no one said anything. The lesson went by slowly. I did wish for it to go faster but I had no control in this. But I am not complaining about not needing to do so much work at least in one class out of way more of today.

The last one before lunch time went by super fast and we had a lot of class work to do. The bell rang and the hallways were filled with rows crowded with students, some wanted to go and eat or buy out of school, some were trying to get to the cafeteria faster to get the food quicker or the spot to sit, those tables that aren't "marked" by student groups like the popular ones. I managed not to get hurt while getting to the cafeteria and my two friends were already there near our table, I waved to them and walked to there. I had my lunch packed today.

"Hey."

"Hello."

"Hi."

"Yesterday I talked with Luciana and I think we might be friends, she followed me on my socials so I guess we are."

"You are so lucky!" Leonor screamed kind of.

"She said that if me and Samuel would get back together I could introduce you guys to her and a few others."

"She said that?" Bernadette questioned and I nodded. Both had shocked faces but I laughed it off. We tackled our food and were silent for a bit. Leonor and Bernadette were looking at each other suspiciously and back at me very so often.

"What?"

"We been meaning to ask this. You don't have to answer." Leonor spoke and continued.

"Why did you move in here? How exactly can you go to this school?"

I knew this was coming and I knew I couldn't avoid it for long besides I do not have to answer but I will.

"Within the summer holidays started... my parents got into a car accident... both died shortly after and I had no one else at home and had to move. My aunt and uncle were the only ones that wanted to take me in so that is how I got to this city. I am able to go to this school because of my uncle, he is rich, he worked to become rich, so yeah."

"I am sorry."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. Its been a bit. Still fairly fresh but not so much as the time goes on."

"I hope you like the city."

"I do. It's a lot bigger than my small town but now I am somewhat used to the city's bigness."