Chapter 7

Today is the first football game of the season and after the game, no matter if we won or not, Samuel is hosting a party at his house, everyone is invited, his parents were going away for the weekend and know he would throw the party as it is an annual thing and they know he is responsible with things, haven't had any trouble yet. I am planing on going to the game and the party, I think more people are excited for the party rather than the game itself. Right now we still have two more lessons to go and after have one hour before the game starts and sometime later the party begins, I don't know the exact time but you can come there anytime really.

School has ended and because we had one hour to spare we got ourself coffees and muffins. Then returned to the stadium and got a good spot to sit and actually be able to see things and not people's backs. Eventually we heard the coach say the game begins. We are playing against another school from the other side of the city, still a rich kid school nonetheless. I spot Samuel, he is a forward, I don't really know what that means, I just was told by him his position. It was still slightly nerve wracking as I never cared for a game but my friend, crush is playing and I wanted him to win. So that I could definitely go and congratulate him at the party.

The game has been going on just fine, no major injuries were spotted. Our school is wining by one point. We still have quite some time left. There were a few close calls where the opposite team almost scored and won but at the last minutes our team scored and won. We all stood up and shouted, clapped and were happy we won. I never thought that there is going to be that many people in the stadium but I guess they take this a bit more serious than I thought, even the opponents students were filling quite the big chunk of the seating areas. The party will be even better as we have won.

The girls and I went to my house as it was the closest to his and we wanted to get ready before the party, my aunt drove us to my house. Once there we walked to my room. They got comfortable, putted their backpacks on the ground and took out a few things like makeup bags and outfits changes. We had plenty of time to get ready but they wanted to start now so everything will be good and we will probably get there around the time it starts but not exactly at the time as it is going to be a bit boring, not much action and not many people gather up at first. I don't know much but both of them do, so its their information. We did eat, aunt prepared us late lunch and it was a good thing before we would go to the party as we don't know what to expect. I am not big on makeup but Bernadette insisted they help me do a bit more makeup. Both were very happy with their result, I looked very good, Leonor was the one to insist to also help with my outfit. I was happy they were doing this for me and I did like in the end how I looked, not too much but more than usual.

Once all of us were done, we showed ourselves to my aunt, she approved of our looks. We stayed in my room for a bit longer. Mostly because all of us were nervous. I should be the one nervous and not really them but we are all human and no matter if we have experienced things, even again the same situations can make us nervous. We sat down, me and Leonor on my bed and Bernadette on my chair next to my table. We chatted for a bit and something was brought which I was nervous it was going to be.

"You have moved here and live with your uncle and aunt. What happened to your parents?" Bernadette asked.

"They died."

"Sorry." Both muttered.

"It's still fresh but I am not so terribly sad about it anymore. I guess you can say moved on. But not completely."

"Understandable." Leonor answered.

Silence followed and I couldn't take and I said what I wanted to tell them for a bit now.

"I have a crush on Samuel." I said loud enough for both to hear but wanted them not to really hear it.

"Are you serious?" Bernadette shockingly asked. I nodded.